Windows 7 Microsoft Office 2010 RTM Stage Reached

whoosh

Cooler King
Staff member
Premium Supporter
microsoft-office2010-300x193.jpgMicrosoft Office 2010 RTM Stage Reached

Starting April 27, Volume Licence Partners will be able to download the final version of Microsoft Office 2010. The reason for this is that it’s reached the RTM stage, ie, release to manufacturing.
The order of which Microsoft [MSFT] will launch the software is manufacturers first on to businesses to retailers and then finally the customer will be able to pick up the software.
The last stage, customers, will be able to buy the Link Removed due to 404 Error software off the shelf around June time.
“RTM is the final engineering milestone of a product release and our engineering team has poured their heart and soul into reaching this milestone,” said Microsoft Corporate Vice-President Takeshi Numoto in a blog post earlier today. “It is also an appropriate time to re-emphasize our sincere gratitude to the more than 5,000 organizations and partners who have worked with us on rapid deployment and testing of the products. Since the start of our public beta in November 2009, we’ve had more than 7.5 million people download the beta version – that’s more than 3 times the number of 2007 beta downloads.”
I’ve been a beta Office 2010 user since December 2009 and have to admit it’s looking quite good.

Office 2010

Office 2010 compares with Office 2007 much as Windows 7 compares with Windows Vista. Although much improved, many major flaws remain. 2010 retains the infamous ribbon tho more customizable and more easily customized than 2007. 2010 Word introduces several additional and useful features over what was available in 2007 but - - - most of these features are disabled if you save or send documents in a format that most of the world can open and use. You must use .docx format to utilize these nice features. What good are these nice new features if your recipient cannot open your document???

I have not found much discussion about Office 2010. Does anyone know if Beta can satisfactorily be upgraded to RTM or is it required or recommended to uninstall the Beta before installing RTM? I will be watching TechNet to get the RTM soon after it becomes available.

Back
Top Bottom