Windows 7 Microsoft outlook 2007 not working

zedekiah

[FONT=Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif]My name is zedekiah, I wanted some help for outlook 2007 which is installed on my computer on operating syste windows 7. I was using outlook 2003 which never gave any problem. I have now installed outlook 2007 which is give me hell lot of problems. Since last week it stating working slow but now it does not open. The problem goes like this - last week my cousin pressed restart button when my outlook was still open. From that day it was working slow and now it does not open. I dont understand these things but would be happy if anyone of you could help me to access mails which are stored on my outlook. [/FONT]​

Hello Z
edekiah,
As you have mentioned your cousin has restated your computer while Outlook is open then PST file might have got corrupted. Corruption of PST file happens when Outlook is abnormally terminated. PST file is the data base which hold all the components of Outlook when it get corrupted Outlook initially runs slow and finally does not open. In such case it is advised you to repair outlook 2007 PST file using Scanpst.exe. In any case if Scanpst does not repair Outlook PST file then in such cases it is better to use third part tools to repair the corrupted PST file.
Download the tool, repair Outlook PST and get access to your mails.
Hope it works.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Microsoft Office is a powerful application for official purposes. But sometimes it also gets corrupted therefore Microsoft Office has provided a tool named Inbox Repair Tool on windows 8 or SCANPST.exe. And if this condition not works then you can use a third party utility to repair it. You can use Outlook PST Repair Software to repair it. This software not only repairs corrupted Pst files but also restores it into a new file. It repairs PST files larger than 2 GB. It previews all recovered items after scanning. It not repairs PST files but OST files also. And it supports the selective items of recovery.

Scanpst does a good job of cleaning the .pst file, but you need to run it several times until it says that no errors were found.

Be aware that Outlook 2007 is not particularly well-behaved in terms of saving clean .pst files. The .pst file will become more and more corrupted over time even without the help of your cousin. Expect to periodically need to run Scanpst.

Back
Top Bottom