Windows 7 MIDI Playback

kerler

I've got a problem. For some reason, unbeknownst to me, one day my computer decided to stop playing MIDI files. As I'm sure you're aware, and finding out myself after much searching, there's not a whole lot you can do about this. This is more of a general probe than a request for help as I'm not really expecting anything, just an idea on when this problem may be fixed.

Welcome onboard, kerler.

Troubleshooting Audio Playback Issues in Windows Media Player

Windows Media Player won't play MIDI's

Try these steps:

1. Go to settings - control panel - sounds and audio devices

2. Select the Audio tab and under "MIDI music playback" - Default device: make sure it's set to "Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth". Tick the "Use only default devices" check-box for the hell of it. Click "Apply" then "OK".

3. Re-open "sounds and audio devices" and this time select the "Volume" tab. Under "Device Volume" click the "Advanced..." button. It will open up the Volume Control thing. In the Volume control thing, click on "Options" - "Properties". In the Properties window (under the "Adjust volume for" submenu) select the "Playback" radio button. In the "Show the following volume controls:" submenu, tick the "SW Synth" check box. Click OK and SW Synth volume control thing will now be shown in the Volume Control option box thing. Untick the mute check box and adjust the volume. Close the window once you are done and you should hear the midi files now.

1. Go to settings - control panel - sounds and audio devices

This is the part I'm having trouble with, I can't find 'sounds and audio devices'. The only thing in my control panel is 'sound' and there's nothing about MIDI options in there. If I could just find where the select MIDI output device I would have no problem, or at least get closer to the root of the problem.

Back
Top Bottom