Windows 7 Migrating the OS of a dual boot system

furso

Hi,
Run into a bit of a problem, I'm am currently running both XP and win 7, and I just upgraded to a new 1 tb hard drive. In order to free up space on the original hard drive, I want to move my windows 7 installation to a partition on the new hard drive. Normally this wouldn't be an issue, but I am worried that as my computer is dual booting with windows 7, it is my understanding that the computer begins to boot to windows 7 before giving me the option to boot to xp. So if i move my windows 7 installation, the system will not be able to find the relevant files in order to boot to windows 7, and thus not even give me the option to boot to xp, am i correct in this assumption?, and if so, is there a way to change the way the system boots so i can boot from the new partition that i wish to copy windows 7 to. (sorry for the HUGE question lol)

Thanks

There is a setting in the properties of "My Computer" where you can tell it to let you select which OS to boot and how long the menu should appear. If you set that before you migrate it, it should probably work. And you can always use the install disc to repair any Se7en boot problems, I think.

Back