Migrating Win7x64 from HW-RAID1 to SSD

This is my system:

win7 prof 64bit installed.
Motherboard: Asus P8H67
CPU Sockel: LGA1155
RAID1 configured with two 2TB HDDs
Single 2TB HDD (or additional backups)
The Win Instalation resides on a RAID1 partition (100GB).
My new SSD ist a Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB

The issue:

I prepared the SSD drive with alignment=1024, whole SSD as 1 primary partition formated as NTFS.
I used clonezilla to create a system image (.iso) onto my third hdd.
Then I restored this image onto the SSD drive and tried to reboot selecting the SSD drive as a boot device from the bios (RAID1 HDDs were also connected).

Then the message "Windows starting" showed up (from where?) and a blue screen or a few msecs and a subsequent reboot.

When I try to boot from the RAID (with SSD connected) the same symptom.
Booting from RAID with the SSD disconnected works fine.
Trying to boot from SSD with the RAID disconnected I get following message:

"Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in boot device and press a key".

Could this mean the MBR is missing?
And if so, is it really necessary when selecting that drive from the bios as boot device?

I hope I didn't forget anything important information.

Thanks or any help

Issue resolved !

There just was missing the boot flag on the SSD device.

I booted with the (graphical) GParted-Live CD (V0.14.1-6-i486) and set the boot flag at the ssd device
(right click at the ssd device).
Just in case RAID devices were not yet attached since I had experienced problems with clonezilla when both ssd and raid1-devices were attached to the system (couldn't boot).

Then I started (still without raid hdds connected) and windows first performed a chkdsk and then rebooted successfully.
Next step was to remove the boot flag from the raid hdd (GParted).
After the next start I first had to enable the raid disk within the disk management
(Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Administrative Tools) and to correct the drive letters

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.