Mike, Can't post on Windows 8 Forum, need help?

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

I've been trying all day to post on the Windows 8 forum.
I can log in to the forum OK, but when I try and post I get the you have to activate message.

When I tell it to send my an Activation Message I don't receive one.

I've tried a number of times and waited but no message.

My log in and e-mail is the same as they are here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is my message, maybe you can move it to the W8 site.

I'm having problems with the Windows 8 installation.

I created a separate partition on my second hard drive, drive L, in this case, that's where I'm installing it.

I have gone through the installation process 3 times.

After the second time I formatted the partition started from scratch again.

I'm booting to the disk and then following the normal procedure.

The process proceeds with out a hitch up to a point.

It goes through the checking, copying, and setting up stages with no problems.

When I get to the screen "Getting the Devices Ready" it gets to 13% to 15% mark, and the screen goes black with an active cursor and disk activity.

After a while the computer reboots goes through what looks like a normal boot up and then I get a black screen with an active cursor and no disk activity.

I've let is sit like this for about a half hour but nothing else happens.

I have to hit F12 when I reboot and it then gives me a screen that says there was an unexpected error and I will have to repair my computer using the installation media.
And it give me the option to boot to another operating system which gets my into Windows 7.

I used EasyBCD to set up the boot menu so Windows 8 doesn't come first, and I get both options at boot now but when it boots to Windows 8 I'm not seeing anything but a blank screen with a working cursor.

I noticed that during set up I had an option to insert drivers.

Anyone think this has anything to do with video drivers?

I don't know where to go from here, anyone have any ideas?

I wanted to get this posted today so that I can get back to work on this tomorrow.

Thanks for the help.

Mike

Try it now Mike, it should work. Sorry for the delay things have been a bit busy lately.
Let us know if the problem persists.
Regards
Randy

Back