minidump file for an BSOD on win 7 64 bit

Hi everyone

I am experiencing an infamous BSOD, I don’t recall seen one of those since win 98 so I felt quite surprised at first, fortunately I found that win 7 creates a minidump file which I understand contains some information about the crash conditions, yet I have not been able to read it. After some research I found that someone at this blog might be able to help me out to read it, so I will really appreciate any help or advice on this:

Here is some information about the PC and the conditions on the failure:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz LGA 775
Graphics: sapphire Radeon HD 4870 512Mb
RAM: 4Gb (I am not sure but I think it’s a DDR2-800)

I have experienced 5 BSOD so far, 3 of them while playing Warhammer Space Marine and the another 2 while playing L.A. Noir, I also use this computer as a small audio studio and that hasn’t failed so far no matter how hard I push the HW.

At first I suspected of the latest catalyst drivers (11.11) all the problems started shortly after I updated it, so I restore the system to a prior date, but it hasn't fixed it so far, I already cleaned the system fans and the one on the video card, I also performed some tests on fan speed and overheating but everything is still green.

I am considering an upgrade on the graphics card (probably a Radeon 6850) but I want to be sure that there is no other issue with the processor or other critical part.

Thank you for your time.

Attachments

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.