Windows 7 Minimised windows

RobertWiltshire

I am sure you have heard this before but how do I get windows to
open maximised?

IE opens normally from the desktop as do installed programmes.

However shortcuts to web pages open minimised

Driving me nuts! :confused:

Hello,

Drag the left side, right side, top, and bottom with the mouse, then choose Close.

The next time you open it,it should start maximized.

If this doesn't work, right-click on the shortcut, choose properties and under the Run section, choose Maximized.

Create a shortcut, then its properties>>shortcut>>Run>>Maximized.

Like this:

ts2_12.png

Drag the left side, right side, top, and bottom with the mouse, then choose Close.

The next time you open it,it should start maximized.

Thanks for replying that used to work with XP but doesn't want to work with 7

Try this way, works for me:

1. Open IE, search something with google.
2. Open a link in New Window. Do not maximize it, but instead resize this new window to fill the screen, dragging by its borders.
3. Switch to the first IE window and close it through File>>Close.
4. Close the second resized window, File>>Close.
5. Click an IE shortcut now.

Thanks for the replies, none work.

reghakr,

IE opens maximised from the desktop as does everything I click on, links, favourites etc.

If I click a web page icon on the desktop that opens with IE it opens just filling about 3 quarters of the screen from the top down.

Google Chrome worked fine but I had to dump that because it was changing all of my desktop icons!!

This might sound ridiculous, but the same thing happened to me.

Just keep dragging the bottom border down until it's fullscreen until IE finally "gets" it.

Other than that, you could try changing resolutions (back & forth) to get it to "stick"

As reghackr shows, it is important to resize IE so it appears the size of a maximized window but is in fact only resized - not maximized.

Back