Windows 7 Missing bootmgr

Hi Azraeel,

Glad you are feeling better.

Your screenie appears to be missing from post 21.

Unless it is somewhere else? :confused:

Hi, Reading the last page there seems to be a lot of grief aimed at the OP. Now please correct me if im wrong, but OP = original poster. Which in this threads case was me.

Now as i explained earlier, after i created this post i caught swine flu so have been unable to log in most of this week. Im a little confused as to why any grief would be aimed at me after me explaining i was sick!

I was asked to post a screenie of my disk manager. Which i have done.

Can anyone help from this info please?

Not to be rude, but I'm steering clear of this one.:eek:

i feel I provided some good suggestions.

Last edited:
Not to be rude, but I'm steering clear of this one.:eek:

i feel I provided some good suggestions.

You provided the solution... I've entered about 900 messages in the past few months and I did not have anything to do with this problem until the guy implied my friends here were stupid and lacking in teaching skills. He couldn't even fix his own problem after you told him what to do... he should read other messages and try to help people fix problems.. then he could show us how it's supposed to be done. Yeah.. I need some more fiber in my diet!

Hi Azraeel,

Glad you are feeling better.

Your screenie appears to be missing from post 21.

Unless it is somewhere else? :confused:

I can see it in the posts, wierd.

azraeel-albums-screenie-picture162-disk-man.png

Can you see it now?

Let's try something else

Thank You for trying to help me.

I reset the boot order in BIOS to Win7, XP, Stuff.
I unplugged all of my USB devices.
I only have the mouse, keyboard, speaker, network, screen, and e-SATA plugged in now.
I booted to the Win7 DVD and ran repair three times.
When repair detects OS it finds 4 copies of Win7 on the E: drive.
It is the right drive, but why is it E: and not C:, Why are there 4 instances of Win7?
In Disk Management my C: is Disk 2, shouldn't it be Disk 0?
Why is X: my system drive, shouldn't C: be (system, boot, active, crash dump, primary partition)?
Do I need to switch cables in the case?
Will that kill my RAID?
I get an error saying "If you recently attached a camera, etc. please remove and reboot".
I did remove and reboot and I still get this error!?
As I said before, if I examine advanced repair details I do not think repair is detecting any problem and it does nothing.
If I try to turn off X:ternal and boot from C: I get bad or missing boot/bcd.

Someone told me that bootmgr is in an autoexec.bat file and that I can copy the files from X:
to C: and edit the commands in Notepad.
Is this possible?

Arrrgh

Sorry,
I did not see your whole reply until I read my email.

I copied the three files, ntldr, ntdetect.com, boot.ini from x: to c:
My RAID C: is first in BIOS, I use the ESC boot menu to select X: or DVD when needed.
I did start up repair 3 times.
Repair does nothing because it does not detect any problems.
I booted C:/Win7 from X:/bootmgr and opened an elevated command prompt.
I entered the 4 commands.
bcdedit /create {ntldr} /d "Windows XP" - Did not work because it says the file already exists.
bcdedit /set {ntldr} device partition=c: - command completed successfully
bcdedit /set {ntldr} path \ntldr - command completed successfully
bcdedit /displayorder {ntldr} /addlast - command completed successfully - now Windows 7 is first choice in bootmgr.
It always was the default even though Earlier version of Windows was on top.
My disk management window is unchanged.
I cannot boot from C: - bad or missing /boot/bcd.
The first time I did it my corded PS/2 keyboard and PS/2 mouse DID NOT FUNCTION AT ALL!
I had to press the reset button.
This is a big pain because my nice bluetooth keyboard and mouse
- is very troublesome to reconnect every time I have to reboot.
:frown:

Yes I deleted my dual boot, I had to first make sure the HD that had the W7 OS was the first one under boot in BIOS as I have 4 internal Hard Drives, I then had to run repair twice with my W7 disc as it initially came up Boot manger missing or corrupted. I then booted in W7 ran MSCONFIG went to boot tab and deleted the Vista OS and then I reformatted the Hard drive that contained the Vista OS everything took no more than 10 minutes.
I have a backup image of Vista in case of a dire emergency if ever needed I cod re-install and be in a dual boot configuration again.

Last edited:
Back