Windows 7 Missing harddrive

bxnub

I just installed windows 7 on my main computer, at the start of the installation process I had all the correct drives & partitions showing nicely. Now that I have installed Windows 7, my storage disk has gone missing. It no longer shows up in windows 7, I can't find any link to it anywhere. XP had no issues with this, does anyone know what's up ?

What storage disk are you referring to, a second hard, an external drive?

If the drive is already formatted, go to Device Manager and scan for hardware changes. If the drive was not formatted, open the Disk management utility (diskmgmt.msc in the search box) and see if it shows up there.

Open the Disk management utility (diskmgmt.msc in the search box) and see if it shows up there.

While you are there, if it shows up, give it a new drive letter by right clicking the drive and choose change drive letter and paths...

If there is a conflict, the drive will not show up in Computer.

I may be wrong on this, senility you know. :),Go to Start > Run, and type diskmgmt.msc and see if it shows up here and give it a drive letter.

If you have two separate drives, hit the F2 key and change the first boot device.

Note the name, get into the Bios and have this start as your boot drive.

it showed up in diskmgmt.msc but without a driver letter, assigned it a letter and now it shows up, thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom