Windows 7 missing sound driver windows 7

Clay Perry

hello i have a question and any help would be appreciated.i have windows 7. my mom used my comp and somehow she uninstalled the sound max sound driver is there a way to reinstall this without having to buy a new driver? update driver tells me i already have the latest update but the driver is missing and not working obviously..helpppp please

So if you look in Device Management, you sound device is shown with a yellow mark?

You seem to feel the driver is missing. Can you tell why you think this?

Drivers can be obtained from the computer manufacturer's website, or the sound device website, or from Windows 7. If Windows is telling you one is already installed, maybe something else is wrong.

yes there is a yellow mark with exclamation point in it and it said the drives is updated with the latest update but i get this error code
This device cannot start. (Code 10) and i cant find any driver installed thanks for the help ill look at the manufactures website

Use the disc that came w/ the sound card. Uninstall 1st via Device Mgr. The other suggestions,before mine, are, also, valid.

Drew

Hello Clay and welcome to the forum.
As Saltgrass and Drew have both already indicated the driver from your Computer Manufacturer's website might be your salvation.
I recently ran into an issue with a Sound Max Integrated Audio device when installing the new Windows 8 DP on some old hardware which I discuss in this thread here AC'97 Audio Driver
As you can see I ran the installation using compatibility mode and then it was necessary for me to use "msconfig" to turn off some startup items that the installation package added to the startup tab there, but after I was done the sound card worked fine.
Mine was an old driver from HP from July of 2004 but it worked fine.
Best of luck
Randy

Back
Top Bottom