Windows 7 Missing Times New Roman

sipherdrakon

Apparently I no longer have Times New Roman installed.

My original problem occured when I decided to clean up a folder in "my documents" where I kept all fonts that I could possibly install on my system, so like 20k fonts. I had a few installed, assuming it would put them in windows font folder.

Seems like that wasn't the case because when I moved the folder to an external hard drive to save space, everything went haywire.

I found a lot of the original fonts that come packaged with windows, but can't find Times New Roman, only Times, which is slightly different.

If anyone has the Times New Roman OTF, so I can get bold, italic, bold-italic and normal, that would just make my day. Thanks.

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Perform a system file check, with the 7 install DVD in drive, open up command prompt (Start >> cmd) and type sfc /scannow which should replace the missing font files.

If the times new roman font is still missing, navigate to C:\Windows\Font and search for these files: times.ttf timesbd.ttf timesbi.ttf timesi.ttf. Right click on an empty spot inside C:\Windows\Font >> install font >> browse to the font files >> install.

Back