Windows 7 Monitor Not Waking From Sleep (Manual Pwr Cycle Required)

Serantos

I recently built a new computer (specs below) and have no problems with it except that whenever the computer goes to sleep and I wake it up, either with the power button or keyboard, the monitor does not wake up. I can fix the problem easily enough by cycling the power on my monitor. After the monitor boots, if I left my internet browser or any other windows opened they would be re-sized, like the computer changed to a smaller resolution. But it will be at 1920x1080 like it should be.

I have updated my bios, I am running the most current version of video drivers, I really don't know why this is happening, and it isn't breaking my computer by any means, but it's kind of frustrating when I just built a brand new computer and its not working properly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Specs:
ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 mobo
i7 3770k processor
16GB G.SKILL Ripjaw DDR3 1600 RAM
MSI Nvidia 660Ti 2GB Video Card (Manufacturer Overclocked)
Windows 7 64 bit

And the monitor is an Acer S231HLbid
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Thank you,
Shane

What type of monitor is it? Check the monitors menu tabs and try to reset it to default settings.

Sounds like the system is loosing contact with the device. Does the monitor have a way to scan for inputs, and if it does, can you set it to manually stay on the one you are using?

And which input are you using?

Does the dialog for the MSI video card recognize the monitor by name and/or model?

Sounds like the system is loosing contact with the device. Does the monitor have a way to scan for inputs, and if it does, can you set it to manually stay on the one you are using?

And which input are you using?

Does the dialog for the MSI video card recognize the monitor by name and/or model?

You might be on to something, I am using the HDMI port on the monitor, but the monitor auto cycles for the input. I have tried to set it to only stay on the HDMI port, but I haven't had any success with it staying there.

The NVidia Control Panel does recognize my monitor by the part number, I'm not seeing any settings in there that could deal with the sleep routine. I will look through my monitor manual to see if I can figure something out in there. I figured it if was a problem with my monitor though I would have seen this in the reviews I read.

EDIT: I'm thinking about it more now, and I had this exact monitor hooked up to another computer in the house and never had this problem, but I wasn't using the HDMI port, I will hook up the DVI tomorrow and see if that solves the problem. I don't use the monitor for audio as it has no speakers, so there isn't much of a reason to use the HDMI anyway.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom