Windows 10 Monitor troubles

Hello, I recently got a new monitor. Before i was using two monitors as extended desktop, i was able to replace my main monitor with my new one, and all worked well. Upon restarting my computer, only my new main monitor works, and the restitution changes to the minimum, my secondary monitor doesn't detect input, even though it was working fine the night before. if i unplug my main monitor the second one works, and when i plug in my main monitor again the second one doesn't detect an input again. im using the same output type cables as my other two old monitors. My secondary monitor works with my new main monitor on occasion, if i keep restarting.

Tl;DR: Only my new monitor works, secondary doesnt work unless I unplug my new monitor, or do multiple computer restarts and mess with settings.

Im very confused, because both my old monitors work, they have the same refresh rate, and my two old ones were diffrent resolutions , just like i have now.

Everything is fully updated, and i know how to connect monitors.

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 16299)
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8300 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

This looks to be the setup of your display card. Take care, with some types of display cards if the resolution specs of the two monitors are not the same the display card will not be able to work with both at the same time. This has to do with the capability of the hardware. I have seen this more often with display cards built in to the mother board. You can always get an add-on type display card for your computer. Make sure you buy one that can handle multiple monitors with different resolutions for each; if this is your case.

This looks to be the setup of your display card. Take care, with some types of display cards if the resolution specs of the two monitors are not the same the display card will not be able to work with both at the same time. This has to do with the capability of the hardware. I have seen this more often with display cards built in to the mother board. You can always get an add-on type display card for your computer. Make sure you buy one that can handle multiple monitors with different resolutions for each; if this is your case.
Thanks for the respond Jerry. My old monitor and my second monitor handled different resolutions,I know i can run my new monitor with my second monitor, because its worked fine on a whim. any other ideas? im at a loss here.

Back