Windows 7 Motherboard software( Bios,Chipset ,audio VGA).Need these?

StefaNafetS

Extraordinary Member
I ve reinstall windows 7 but the problem is that I dont know If I still need all that motherboard software which came with a instaltion CD which you might guess is no longer compatible. So I refered to my manufacturer motherbord page and found all these stuff ASUS - Motherboards- ASUS P5GC-MX/1333
The versions are old but something is telling me I need those. What intricates me even more are those BIOS downloads.I see diff versions there.Do I need all of them if its the case?

Last edited:
Sometimes it is hard to tell if you need certain drivers. If you motherboard is a few years old, you may not. But I always check mine.

One way to tell might be to go to the Device Manager and see what Chipset is shown as being installed. If it is not your chipset, you may want to install the manufactures drivers. Release dates can also be important in making such a decision.

The Window 7 built-in drivers may be so generic that they are not good for your devices. But only you will be able to tell, unless someone else has the same motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom