Mouse and Keyboard stopped working

tom

I installed windows 7 on a new rig (12gb ram, ASUS p6t mother board and 3.3 Core i7 Extreme Edition 975(3.33G,L2:4x256KB,L3:8M, rev.D0,130W). Everything was funtioning fine until I moved the computer into another room.

Now mouse and keyboard dont function. Tried PS2 keyboard and it worked once , not anymore. Tried a different mouse no go. Tried different USB ports still no go. If I can fix it I will probably net to reload OS so any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks
Tom

I searched forum and found nothing like this.

mp3sgt

Well, I have had the issue of a not responding USB mouse when waking from sleep or hibernation. I simply unplugged the USB mouse, waited 5 seconds and plugged it back in and it works well. Same with my USB keyboard. If you are having the same issue with a PS/2 keyboard, it might not be Windows 7.

tom

The PS2 keyboard was an attempt to access the computer and update drivers. Keyboard and mouse are new.
They dont function from a cold start. I think ill see if windows 7 has a repair function on the installation CD.

Thanks for the reply

Tom

Jarhead57

Premium Supporter
Are they USB? I have had that happen and as strange as it sounds it was because I didn't plug them back in the exact same spot they came out of.

tom

Keyboard Mouse not working

Yes they are. Dont remember which slot but I could try all eleven.

Tom

tom

Close this post

I reformated Hard drive and re-installed windows 7. Wow they really need to fix this little bug.

Thanks for all your help

Tom

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.