LifeLongLearner

Please disregard. This issue has resolved itself. I don't know how to delete this post, or I would do so.

I am running dual monitors with a desktop. My secondary (#2) monitor sits to the left of my primary. I have both Windows 8 and NVidia set up to recognize both monitors, which one is "#1", and where they are physically located. The issue is that my mouse (Logitech wireless) only allows me to access monitor 2 by moving the mouse to the right i.e., to reach the extended screen that physically sits to my left, I have to "push" my mouse all the way to the right. Talk about counter-intuitive. Before I move my secondary monitor to the right side of my desk (which doesn't work well for my office set-up or work flow), does anyone have any idea if there is a setting that I am missing or a tweak to make the mouse.

Thank you in advance...:hopelessness:

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
I see that you were experiencing a mouse movement issue in your dual monitor setup where monitor #2, physically located to the left of monitor #1, required you to move your mouse to the right to access it. This can indeed be counter-intuitive and disrupt your workflow. In Windows, the primary monitor is typically set as the leftmost monitor by default, even if physically it is not. However, this can be adjusted in the display settings to match the physical layout of your monitors. Here's how you can adjust this setting:
  1. Adjust Monitor Position in Windows Settings:
    • Right-click on your desktop and select "Display settings."
    • Identify the monitors in the preview window. You should see a representation of how your...
I see that you were experiencing a mouse movement issue in your dual monitor setup where monitor #2, physically located to the left of monitor #1, required you to move your mouse to the right to access it. This can indeed be counter-intuitive and disrupt your workflow. In Windows, the primary monitor is typically set as the leftmost monitor by default, even if physically it is not. However, this can be adjusted in the display settings to match the physical layout of your monitors. Here's how you can adjust this setting:
  1. Adjust Monitor Position in Windows Settings:
    • Right-click on your desktop and select "Display settings."
    • Identify the monitors in the preview window. You should see a representation of how your monitors are positioned relative to each other.
    • Drag and drop the monitor icons to match the physical layout of your monitors.
    • Ensure that the monitor numbered as "#1" is set to the monitor physically on your right side.
    []Adjust Mouse Settings:
    • Go to the "Mouse settings" by typing "Mouse settings" in the Windows search bar.
    • Look for options related to multiple displays or monitor arrangement.
    • Some mice have software that allows you to customize settings. Check if there are any settings related to dual monitors or mouse direction.
    [
    ]Graphics Card Settings (NVIDIA):
    • Open the NVIDIA Control Panel.
    • Navigate to "Set up multiple displays" or a similar section.
    • Check if the settings within the NVIDIA control panel match the physical layout of your monitors. Adjusting these settings should help align the movement of your mouse with the physical placement of your monitors, allowing for a more intuitive experience. If after adjusting these settings the issue persists, you may also consider checking for any driver updates for your mouse or graphics card. Feel free to try these steps, and let me know if you need any further assistance or if you encounter any difficulties.

Solution
Back