Windows 7 Mouse Glitch

Carman Huey

I updated my windows and I have a custom built computer and my tech guy has the same computer like me and it does the same thing,

on ocassion when I move my mouse arrows in certain areas (mostly over things that have typing as well as well as a web browser) my mouse turns into a group of colorful pixels and I have speed up mouse reading and everything I have checked my video cards and everything, I would like to know if it is a bug in the update (witch it better be fixed asap) or something. I would like to know what is going on and if it is fixable. Please give me an answer I can not stand the glitch it is ticking me off

Hi

Are you running an ATI video card?
This was a problem with ATI drivers a couple of years ago.

You said you checked your video card, did you update the drivers.

You can try uninstalling the video card in Device Manager and then rebooting letting Windows reconfigure the card and installing the drivers that it thinks are the correct ones and see if that helps.

Do you have a restore point that is before the update?
If so try restoring to that.

Mike

If you have a special mouse, check the drivers. I got myself one special one, and it acted quite weirdly...

I have tried all that as well as wiping the computer clean and it still does it I am using a Nvidia video card

I am also using windows professional does that help in any way?

Hi

If you can borrow another mouse, a Microsoft or something try it with it's own drivers and see if the same thing happens.

I've had glitchy mice over the years some were new, but strange things would happen, it would freeze or move erratically, or the cursor would vanish, changing mice cleared it up when nothing else would.

In your case it sounds like corrupted drivers, or a conflict with your video card drivers.
I can't see how the mouse itself would effect the display but computers are weird.

Maybe you could just uninstall the Logitech drivers (I have a logitech mouse myself and it works fine in Windows 7 and 8).
After you do that uninstall the mouse in Device Manager and reboot Windows will reinstall and configure the mouse using Windows default drivers.

You could give that a shot.

Mike

Agree with Mike, plus the opposite: test your mouse with a friend's computer.

um How do I uninstall the mouse. Um I am curious I tried to record the glitch but it didnt show up in the video does that does that mean?

Hi

Go to Device Manager.

Control Panel, System, Device Manger.

Select Mice and other pointing devices or something like that.

Select your mouse, right click on it and select Uninstall.

It will probably quit working when you do that and you will have to either get out using your keyboard or just shut off your computer.

When you reboot it will automatically reinstall it using the default Windows drivers.

This may or may not solve your problem.
But it's worth a try.

This works with a lot of things that aren't working correctly or at all.
It just gets Windows to put it back to the default settings.

Mike

HI

You will lose them when you uninstall it, the second that you say uninstall your cursor will disappear, but when you reboot Windows will reinstall the mouse with the default settings. Just as it does when you start it for the first time.

I just did it myself to see if it would retain my Logitech drivers, and it re-installed my mouse with the default Windows drivers, ignoring the ones from Logitech.

If you don't use your mouse with a lot of customized setting as you would for gaming the default drivers will probably do any thing you want to do.

I don't know if changing to the drivers will fix your problem or not but there's a pretty good possibility it will.

Mike

Yes, there's no risk you loose your mouse abilities altogether - you never had them in the first place, did you, until you bought and installed that rodent?

Back