Windows 7 Mouse is not working properly

julio99

I'm using a Logitech Mouse on my Acer laptop and when I go to drag a video file to another software program to convert it, the file opens and starts to play before I can drag it. Same when I click the edge of a window it maximizes on just touching it. Like if I want to drag it off screen it maximizes by just touching it on the edge. It's like I have single click enabled and I don't. I can't understand why this mouse is so sensitive. If anyone knows of another setting that would cause this feel free to clue me in. I 'm using Windows 7 HP. x64.

go to start
control panel
hardware and sound
under devices > click mouse
if "turn on Clicklock" is on , un tick it

2)

go to start
docuemnts
organize > folder and search options
make sure Double click to open single item is selected

Those were some of the first things I did. I just disabled the Synaptics Touch Pad and everything seems kosher now except I can't use the touchpad, but that shouldn't matter as long as I don't get rid of the external Logitech Mouse that I'm using now. I'll just have to remember to re enable the touchpad if I ever take it anywhere w/o the USB mouse.

i can write you a script that can startup when you start windows, that can say

1) enable touch pad
2) disable touchpad?

up to you

Actually it started acting up again so I went with my Microsoft Wireless Mouse and I was able to start the touchpad, but with the Microsoft Mouse I have to go into Device Manager and properties on the mouse and uncheck the box that says "enable this device to wake the computer" because this mouse screws with the sleep issues if you keep the box checked. I don't know what started all these issues with the mouse. Could it be that I'm using a 3rd party theme? Thanks for the script offer. I'll just stay pat with these settings for now and see if maybe I can't troubleshoot later when I change themes or just leave as is. Thanks again kaos

Your welcome , thats what were here for, Please feel free to rate the thread ( top of the page above your first post)

Im not sure to be fair, it could be the sensitiity of the mouse when moved it boots up the computer, i mean id leave it unticked anyway because you can always tap a few keys to wake up the pc on sleep

Most touchpads have a way to adjust the touch sensivity. Maybe setting it differently will help.

In control Panel on the Ease of Access panel, under Make the Mouse easier to use, there is a checkbox for activate by hovering. You might check that and other settings in that panel. This may not be what is happening, but it sounds a little like it.

Logitech items seem to be a cpmmon source of problems. I've noticed this on a few different forums their webcams are frequently found to be the problem.
Joe

This is the first time this Logitech mouse has acted this bad. Just can't quite get it figured so I'll stick with the Microsoft mouse till I can get this ironed out. Thanks again guys for all your thoughts. What should I do close the thread or does the Mod do that?

Back