Mouse pointer and desktop background

Hi everone, I have the seemingly common problem. I have a 880OGTX, P5K EPU motherboard and a E8500 I can boot into safemode but every time I want to boot normally I get stuck on the pretty windows logo with only a mouse (I can right click but not start Any programs. Once I managed to add explorer.exe on the startup but that only worked once. Ctrlalt del just gives me a black screen.I have windows 7600,

Thankyou so much for the help,

Paladinj,

edit: I looked into event viewer and there were hundreds of "dependencv" could not Start errors
edit2:I managed to glitch open an explorer windows which also let's me access control panel, what should I do?

Last edited:

reghakr

Essential Member
If explorer open, don't you get the full desktop?

I only get the window but not the full desktop/start menu
please help me!

Paladinj,

No it didn't work, I tried to do a fresh install but now it wants drivers for my optical drive (which I didn't get any drivers for.) when I try to reinstall, I can still try to boot onto the old one too and get the problem previously described.

reghakr

Essential Member
Go to Control Pane > Restorer and click then Open System Restore button, Now choose Recommended Restore and click nest to continue on.

Let us know how if it worked

I cannot boot into safemode now, it gets stuck on classpnp.sys
How can it be that Microsoft has released such a shitty operating system and gives no support to the people who payed 100's of dollars for it?
anyway, Restore couldn't run.

Thankyou for the help.

reghakr

Essential Member
Damn,

Do you have any other CD's or DVD's that start automatically,,. such as a Linux DVD,?

We need to figure out the DVD problem so you can re-install

Try an audio CD just the heck of It.

Do you have another computer in the house?

My DVD drive DOES work, I can boot into the windows 7 install cd, it worked perfectly before as I already installed windows 7 5 times with this DVD drive. Now, I no longer get a black screen, I get the wallpaper and mouse. I am getting quite frustrated. It's as though windows explorer just doesn't run, I can't run task manager either. :(
Thank you very much for the help though guys, I know you are doing your best. :)

Paladinj, :cool:

reghakr

Essential Member
I had the same problem,. but I was able to bring up Task Manager and start Windows explorer. After that it started up fine.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.