Mouse Recommendations

Axel PC

Honorable Member
What's going on everyone!

I currently have a Logitech M510. It's a good mouse! But I would like to take advantage of Bluetooth connectivity so I don't have to use the wireless dongle. And I would like a bigger mouse for my hand. I'm not attached to Logitech mice, I'm open to using another brand. So any recommendations on what mice ya'll like to use would be great. I'd like to get some ideas of why you like the particular mouse you use to help me navigate the thousands of choices that are on Amazon.

Thanks!

I don't know how many support calls I've had because wireless or bluetooth mice stopped working, seriously just stick with a wired mouse imo.

Those are both nice mice! I really like the led one. That's pretty cool.
I've never had any issues (knock on wood) with wireless mice. Well, other than driver issues but that's everything. I have a small desk and I like to keep thing minimalistic hence my want for wireless.

They stop working when the battery goes flat. I have found them very reliable.
I have 6 in the home and love them.
The last thing you want is a cord dragging on the mouse, especially doing image edits.

My keyboard is a Logitech K810 to give you an idea of how I like my computer accessories. I got a great deal on a refurbished on Amazon.

Sorry.I wasn't aware the OP was looking for a Gaming mouse.:)
Hehe I don't think he actually is Dougie, he just wanted tips on mice. I may have gone off at a tangent sorry...:D

That's still good advice from you for anyone looking for a Gaming mouse.
The true gaming mice at my local computer shop are horribly expensive.

They aren't cheap that's true, I think my XTD cost around ÂŁ70 which isn't too bad until you think a common mouse costs something like ÂŁ3.99 lol!

Right I wasn't looking for a gaming mouse because I prefer a wireless mouse. So that right there cuts out gaming mice. Like ya'll said. If you're serious about gaming you have to have a wired one so you don't experience the latency or potential interference that comes with a wireless one.

But nonetheless I really enjoy reading people's opinions on wired/wireless here. I'm like Johnny 5 man, "need input" haha. So the more the better. But yeah some personal recommendations on wireless mice is what my post is about.

So please post away!

Sent from my Note 4 using Windows Forum mobile app

Last edited:
What I use for a wireless mouse is the Logitech V470. I like the Bluetooth connection and the long battery life. I primarily use a wired gaming mouse just because of latency, but the V470 is great since it works with everything that has Bluetooth.
Plus, it looks good and is big enough for me.

I'm probably in the minority, but I've always loved Microsoft wireless mice. I currently have a MS Wireless Mobile Mouse 6000 for my laptop. For my work desktop, I use the MS Sculpt Touch Mouse (Bluetooth) and I'm very pleased with it.

I've had some frustrating issues with Bluetooth connectivity on previous laptops using a Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse (the only mobile Bluetooth mouse they had for years). It would lose the connection once or twice per month (ballpark), but a reboot would fix the issue. I've shied away from Bluetooth laptop mice since then, so my current mobile mouse has the mini-USB dongle. I've rarely found the dongle to be a problem unless I run out of USB ports. My current laptop (Dell Latitude E7440) only has two USB ports and my external backup drive usually occupies the other port. So I'm planning to get a new Bluetooth mobile mouse eventually....when I can find one that I really like.

My advice would be to go into a store where you can touch the mouse before you buy it. It's not a complete 'test drive", but the way it feels in your hand and the position of the buttons will help you narrow it down. You won't truly know how you like it until you use it with your system for a while. BTW, most mice from MS include a 3-year warranty, I'm not sure how that compares to others.

@kemical thanks for the Forbes link! I've never heard of the M705. I'm checking that out right now. That definitely looks like it'd be really comfortable for long stretches on the computer! Seems like it might meet all my requirements but Bluetooth (not a deal breaker).

@IgoZoom9 I almost got that a while back, pretty slick looking mouse. But it didn't think it would be comfortable for long usage sessions at the computer, for me. Ya know when I was looking that one up I came across this one on Amazon, Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse

Thanks a lot for these recs fellas. Please if anyone else has another one they'd like to recommend I'd appreciate it. I'm in no rush. And I'm gonna try and take @IgoZoom9's advice and see if I can check them out at the store before buying.

best mouse and keyboard are microsoft wireless bluetooth you never need to look for a driver becouse microsoft put it in the windows

@Sandbox yeah I've considered that for the sake of driver compatibility. But my wants are user driven rather than for the sake of my machine. But that is a good point to consider.

Sent from my Note 4 using Windows Forum mobile app

Back