Garex Tasmin

So, I have a Gamdias Ourea Laser USB mouse and while for the most part, it works, but sometimes the mouse cursor will migrate to the upper left corner of the screen and stop responding to inputs when I move the mouse. It still accepts the button inputs and whatever program I am using is still recognizing the position of the mouse, but the mouse itself isn't responding to the movements from me moving it in real life. I've updated the firmware, updated windows, had the OS (Win 10) reinstall the mouse driver, defragged both hard drives, cleaned up the SSD (where my OS and drivers are). I've pretty much tried everything I can think of other than buying a new mouse and trying that. Hoping that someone here could provide some insight into the problem.

Side note: My family also uses this PC but have reported that they don't experience the mouse troubles that I do as the principle user of the PC.

gamdias_transp.png
you have been detailed in your question, garex-tasmin … thanks for that. however, you have omitted a couple key factors. such as make/model of your computer. lap-tops are more prone to mouse-issues … because of the factory-installed touch-pad. even the microsoft laser-mouse for my toshiba lap-top occasionally loses "control" … s'probably some app stealing the mouse-focus.

your "gamdias-ourea" mouse … is it the model gms-5510? it is a usb-wired model (no usb-dongle) with gold-plated connector. supposedly also supports up to 3600dpi resolution. how long have you owned the mouse? is it still under warranty?

when you first got your mouse … which win-os did you have, garex … same as now (win-10)? have you always noticed occasional unresponsiveness? or has it started occurring only recently? even though win-10 reinstalled the mouse-driver … this is not always the most efficient method? from what i understand, if issues develop, it's usually better to roll back to the previous driver … and then reinstall using firmware direct from the manufacturer. another method is to completely uninstall the driver … and reinstall (using same above method).

upper-left corner … does it go there on it's own volition … or do you inadvertently move the cursor to that position and it becomes "caught"? and how does the mouse then become "unfrozen" … is rebooting the only recourse? you are aware, with the optional software install … the mouse has many different configurations? have you consulted hera's 61pg software manual(pdf)?

feel free to trouble-shoot a bit with me, garex.

choose different resolution (one that won't bsod) and reboot.
is the mouse-chord interfering(short-circuiting) with any metal braces of your desk … or kinked underneath the monitor support bracket?
try different usb-port (one with more power)
try using different types of mouse-pads
try the mouse on different computer
try using mouse in safe-mode
if you dual-boot … try the mouse on other os
try booting with only limited functionality (msconfig)
disconnect all network from internet and temporarily disable av​
also … does the mouse acceptably while gaming?

of course, garex … before doing any of the above … you may wish to create system restore-point … as well as backing up personal files.

ref:
gamdias.com/downloads-en-gb
gamdiasgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Logo-watermark-.png
gamdiasgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/GAMDIAS-Wallpaper-E2.jpg
pcgameware.co.uk/images/Gamdias-Hera-mouse-function.jpg

OUREA LASER HERA INSTALL VERSION:
Release Date: 2016-11-14
Version: 2.7.1
File Size: 53.4MB
V2.7.1(2017.01.12)

Last edited:
you have been detailed in your question, garex-tasmin … thanks for that. however, you have omitted a couple key factors. such as make/model of your computer. lap-tops are more prone to mouse-issues … because of the factory-installed touch-pad. even the microsoft laser-mouse for my toshiba lap-top occasionally loses "control" … s'probably some app stealing the mouse-focus.

your "gamdias-ourea" mouse … is it the model gms-5510? it is a usb-wired model (no usb-dongle) with gold-plated connector. supposedly also supports up to 3600dpi resolution. how long have you owned the mouse? is it still under warranty?

when you first got your mouse … which win-os did you have, garex … same as now (win-10)? have you always noticed occasional unresponsiveness? or has it started occurring only recently? even though win-10 reinstalled the mouse-driver … this is not always the most efficient method? from what i understand, if issues develop, it's usually better to roll back to the previous driver … and then reinstall using firmware direct from the manufacturer. another method is to completely uninstall the driver … and reinstall (using same above method).

upper-left corner … does it go there on it's own volition … or do you inadvertently move the cursor to that position and it becomes "caught"? and how does the mouse then become "unfrozen" … is rebooting the only recourse? you are aware, with the optional software install … the mouse has many different configurations? have you consulted hera's 61pg software manual(pdf)?

feel free to trouble-shoot a bit with me, garex.

choose different resolution (one that won't bsod) and reboot.
is the mouse-chord interfering(short-circuiting) with any metal braces of your desk … or kinked underneath the monitor support bracket?
try different usb-port (one with more power)
try using different types of mouse-pads
try the mouse on different computer
try using mouse in safe-mode
if you dual-boot … try the mouse on other os
try booting with only limited functionality (msconfig)
disconnect all network from internet and temporarily disable av​
also … does the mouse acceptably while gaming?

of course, garex … before doing any of the above … you may wish to create system restore-point … as well as backing up personal files.

ref:
gamdias.com/downloads-en-gb
gamdiasgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Logo-watermark-.png
gamdiasgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/GAMDIAS-Wallpaper-E2.jpg
pcgameware.co.uk/images/Gamdias-Hera-mouse-function.jpg

OUREA LASER HERA INSTALL VERSION:
Release Date: 2016-11-14
Version: 2.7.1
File Size: 53.4MB
V2.7.1(2017.01.12)

Yes. It is the gms-5510 and according to the gamdias software "Hera" It is operating at 3600dpi. I have it set right now to a polling rate of 500Hz.The computer has a 80+Bronze 1000w Rosewill PSU feeding an X99S Gaming 7 MSI MoBo with an Intel i7 5820K 3.3GHz Processor inside a Mid-sized Tower. The system and the mouse are both less than a year old as I had the PC built in March of 2016. When I originally ran the computer, it was running on Windows 7. I believe that I utilized the free upgrade to Win 10 before I switched to the Gamdias mouse but i can't be certain. However, I do know that the problems have only started occuring recently. say within the past month or 2..possibly 3, which is well after I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. I have the Hera software you linked me already on my PC and have used that to update the firmware on my mouse before I took to the interwebs for assistance. The mouse moves to the top left corner of it's own volition and can remain "stuck" there for up to several seconds while any program i'm using will register the mouse travel and act accordingly. After what is a random period of time, sometimes half a second other times around 7-9 seconds, I will regain control of the mouse and if I have moved it during the interval of losing control (moved the mouse itself), the cursor will often suddenly jump from the corner to a random spot on my screen. At the moment I have the mouse set to 3600DPI resolution and have the Polling Rate set at 500Hz though i've also experienced the same issue at 1000Hz polling rate. I haven not yet consulted the Hera software manual though I have looked elsewhere online for technical assistance without contacting either the manufacturer or windows.

I have also checked to make sure my Bios and MoBo drivers are up to date using MSI's update utility. Both of these have been up to date since before the problems with the mouse started.

" … according to the gamdias software "Hera" It is operating at 3600dpi. I have it set right now to a polling rate of 500Hz.The computer has a 80+Bronze 1000w Rosewill PSU feeding an X99S Gaming 7 MSI MoBo with an Intel i7 5820K 3.3GHz Processor inside a Mid-sized Tower. The system and the mouse are both less than a year old as I had the PC built in March of 2016 … "

hmmm … i don't have anything further to add here, garex … the problem could have emanated from a microsoft update. systematically, go ahead and try each of the nine options i suggested to you for "trouble-shoot" in my previous post.

one last thing, garex … how much ram you have in the machine?

Update: Mouse problems still persist. I've tried using the mouse in a lower DPI resolution and have switched it to a different USB port on the PC but the problem still occurs. will continue to attempt trouble shooting methods. I switched the mouse from a USB 2.0 slot in the back to a 2.0 slot in the front of the case. Still no success in solving the issue.

i'm outta' suggestions here, garex … you been a trooper 'til the end … best wishes. perhaps others will drop in from time to time.

hey man, thanks for the well wishes. I tried a few more things from your suggestions. But I think i'm going to try using a different mouse. if that doesn't solve it..then idk what else to do.

Back