Mozilla Firefox

Mozilla Firefox Version 57.0

Mozilla has released Version 23.0 of the Firefox browser. The most significant changes are that mixed content blocking protection is now enabled by default, and the "Load images automatically", "Enable JavaScript", and "Always show the tab bar" settings have been removed from the Options and set to enabled by default.

Mike updated Mozilla Firefox with a new update entry:

Mozilla Firefox 23.01 Released

Mozilla has released v23.01 of Firefox, an update that fixes several issues listed here:

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/23.0.1/releasenotes/
  • - Rendering glitches on H.264 video only in FF23 on Vista (901944)
  • 23.0.1 - Spellchecking broken with non-ASCII characters in profile path (902532)
  • Audio static/"burble"/breakup in Firefox to Firefox WebRTC calls (901527)
  • Mixed content blocking enabled to protects users from man-in-the-middle attacks and...

Read the rest of this update entry...

One thing that does grab my attention here soon in firefox is the ever developing Shumway, Firefoxes alternative to flash that will eliminate the need for standard flash in firefox browsers.
This is a good thing, and once Microsoft and Apple can come up with their own native flash thing (no not silverlight, thats just a nonsense standard) flash can finally die like it deserves to.

That conduit is spam...malware/spyware and should be uninstalled and cleaned from one's system.

That conduit is spam...malware/spyware and should be uninstalled and cleaned from one's system.

I knew that.
Each time I installed FF ( this time for Zorin OS download ), I get that damn Conduit.
It is not in Programs and Features.
I had to run Malwarebyes.
Then CCleaner > tools> remove anything related to Conduit.
Right now I still have this entry stuck in my Program and File (x86). Can't get it out.......
Image%201.png

Right now I still have this entry stuck in my Program and File (x86). Can't get it out.......
You might try something like Process Explorer from here http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx
Use it carefully to locate the process "TBVerifier.dll" after locating it you should be able to right click and suspend it, after which you should be able to manage it any way you choose (rename it to TBVerifier.OLD, or even delete it if that is what you are looking to do).

Look for any thing Conduit related in the registry, HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Expand the drop down menu arrow and then do the same for the software entry....find any thing conduit related and delete those strings. Some times you have to manually remove those bastard entries because they stay hidden in there. It would be even worth a go to run all your malware/spyware in safemode.

You might try something like Process Explorer from here http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx
Use it carefully to locate the process "TBVerifier.dll" after locating it you should be able to right click and suspend it, after which you should be able to manage it any way you choose (rename it to TBVerifier.OLD, or even delete it if that is what you are looking to do).

Can not find TBVerifyer.dll nor anything related to Conduit using Process Explorer.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Look for any thing Conduit related in the registry, HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Expand the drop down menu arrow and then do the same for the software entry....find any thing conduit related and delete those strings. Some times you have to manually remove those bastard entries because they stay hidden in there. It would be even worth a go to run all your malware/spyware in safemode.

Regedit works.
Found Conduit under Software > deleted the entry > restarted > Program and Files (x86) > deleted Conduit folder > done.

Regedit works.
Found Conduit under Software > deleted the entry > restarted > Program and Files (x86) > deleted Conduit folder > done.

After the episode, I decided, for a peace of mind only, to run Malwarebyes scan again.
178 hits!!!
All had been removed. Ran another Malwarebytes scan. Clean.

I uninstalled FF .... for the last time !!!
It will be hell freeze over before I use FF.

Why dont you just reset your profile?
just grab your bookmarks and cookies and reset your profile?
Stuff like this happens on IE all the time too so you know, if you are smart enough you can be rid of it.

Do I have to remove the conduit addons again if I use the Released ?
I HATE conduits.
Mozilla, nor this website, have anything to do with Conduit. They have gone rogue with their spyware/crapware campaign and that's it. We have no links to this junk software, tracking all, and made almost impossible to uninstall. It is browser hijacking software and these external resources only link to official Mozilla pages for Firefox. I can give you one reason why I see this as becoming an increasingly growing problem:

http://www.trackoff.us/

After the episode, I decided, for a peace of mind only, to run Malwarebyes scan again.
178 hits!!!
All had been removed. Ran another Malwarebytes scan. Clean.

I uninstalled FF .... for the last time !!!
It will be hell freeze over before I use FF.

Why don't you get the FF directly from Mozilla website?

Mozilla has released Version 25.0 of the Firefox browser.

What’s New
  • NEW
    Web Audio support
  • NEW
    The find bar is no longer shared between tabs
  • CHANGED
    If away from Firefox for months, you now will be offered the option to reset it to its default state while preserving your essential information
  • CHANGED
    Resetting Firefox no longer clears your browsing session
  • DEVELOPER
    CSS3 background-attachment:local support to control background scrolling
  • DEVELOPER
    Many new ES6 functions implemented
  • HTML5
    iframe document content can now be specified inline
  • FIXED
    Blank or missing page thumbnails when opening a new tab
  • FIXED
    Security fixes can be found here