Windows 7 mp4 video files

Peterr

Fantastic Member
Hello
I have Win 7 x 64 Home Premium, i5, 6 GB
This Dell came preloaded with Roxio 10.3 and when I imported my Flip camera's MP4 video files it converted and burned dvds easily.

I had to reinstall the o.s and even though Dell sent a Roxio disc, they were unable to install it. Two were tried and each time there was an error stating ecm 10 needed to be installed first. Dell techs tried to no avail so I have no way of making my Flip videos into dvd.

I have tried everything I knw to replace this but there is always an issue.
I thought I had it done when I found Sothink but the free version was full of ads so I do not trust it.

When I speak with Nero, they sound as though they do not know their products and try to sell me expensive programs I am not sure will work.

I avoid Roxio as their software is having issues with me and in general.

How can I plug my camera in and, as simply as my lost program, make a dvd from the mp4 files?

I would really appreciate some advice and I am running out of ideas and searches.

Peter

Thank you, Rrany. I will go there now and see if it is what I need.
Appreciate your kind reply.
Peter

OK, hope it works for you.
You should be able to drop your mp4 onto the time line and then use the "Save movie" drop down selection from right side of icon bar to "Burn a DVD"

I tried it but although the dvd was created, there was no audio.
I looked everywhere to enable audio but there was nothing.
Is there a codec or something i am missing?

Is there a codec or something i am missing?
Quite possibly. There is much discussion on the web about missing codecs for movie maker when dealing with .mp4 file format.
If you Google windows live movie maker mp4
you will see some discussions like this Can I import MPEG-4 files into Windows Movie Maker in Windows - Microsoft Answers where people have installed the Link Removed due to 404 Error not to use it but it seems to install a codec that Live Movie Maker can then use to get the job done. Might be worth a try.
Regards
Randy

Hello
Because I started this thread I wanted to tell you that is is resolved.
I found Ashampoo and this burner takes care of MP4 files.
I can now convert/burn my Flip videos to dvd.
I hope this will help someone else.
Peter

Back
Top Bottom