Mr

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Help and Support' started by alandale2, Apr 25, 2008.

1. alandale2

alandale2 Guest

Vista HP not shutting down.

Thuis phenonemon has only just started occurring. The system hangs at the 'Shutting down' screen, sometimes followed by a BSOD with the following error message - Driver Power State failure.
    Any ideas what is causing this?

2. Celestra

Celestra Former Moderator

Hi!!! Maybe this will help, I don't know what kind of computer you have but this sounds similar: (forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=202788) If you code this into your search, it should come up for you. Titled- Major Shutdown Issues on DV9428 Driver Power State Failure Blue

3. Celestra

The manufacturer should help you with this, especially, if it involves a debugging kernel mode crash system dump. :( These people may help: Microsoft Advanced Windows Debugging and Troubleshooting-- Microsoft Advanced Windows Debugging and Troubleshooting

4. Celestra - thanks for you post. just to be certain, where do I enter the information for the search you suggest?.

5. superbill

superbill New Member

Hi Mr

Fix, I found for the same problem on another forum:

I Fixed the problem !!

I started deleting my security and back upprograms, one by one
    (Acronis, Kasparsky, Norton etc’) and it worked.

It was a bas driver after all.

Also

Shadow Surf program caused problem with another forum member!!!!!

6. Celestra

:)Hi, on the top of this page, underneath "Windows Vista Forums" you'll see: Home, Forums, Blogs, Search etc. I need you to hit the search button, it'll bring up Google search. In the Google search box type in exactly like I coded up top, without parenthesis. forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=202788
    Read their conversation, scroll all the way down. Maybe superbills right or maybe its temporary. (Notebook Review doesn't like being linked to our computer, so I suggest to code in the address).