Windows 7 multiple backups

yak

Hi,

I'm using the Win7 Backup utility and no problem with incremental backups.Let's call this Backup #1. However, I wanted a separate backup task
for all my photos to a separate backup drive about once/month (Backup #2) as opposed to once/week for Backup #1. I looked around for trying to
do this, but it seems that I could only have one backup job entered at a time as opposed to having multiple backup jobs saved and running these
jobs whenever scheduled or manually run. I ended up deleting Backup job #1 and entering a new backup job #2, but now having to reenter Backup
Job #1, then back to Backup Job #2 etc.....
Any help would be appreciated

thanks

Hi,

I'm using the Win7 Backup utility and no problem with incremental backups.Let's call this Backup #1. However, I wanted a separate backup task
for all my photos to a separate backup drive about once/month (Backup #2) as opposed to once/week for Backup #1. I looked around for trying to
do this, but it seems that I could only have one backup job entered at a time as opposed to having multiple backup jobs saved and running these
jobs whenever scheduled or manually run. I ended up deleting Backup job #1 and entering a new backup job #2, but now having to reenter Backup
Job #1, then back to Backup Job #2 etc.....
Any help would be appreciated

thanks
According to this article Windows 7 Professional Multiple Backups It would seem that you are out of luck. I thought that the new backup and restore features built into Windows 7, were pretty cool and with the new .vhd file I would be able to stop using acronis, well after finding that the .vhd file was huge (very little compression if any) and some of the other features, like the one you are experienceing are missing, needless to say I just upgraded to Aconis True Image 2010, and now my backup image fits on the external drive, where the windows backup image would not.

Back
Top Bottom