Windows 7 Multiple BSOD

ckarras11

Hello everyone,

So here is my predicament, every day my machine blue screens with many different errors. I've tried to reformat and start over and that did not work. I have tried to upgrade to windows 10 that installation just completely failed so I kept windows 7. Not sure whether to just start throwing parts at it or to buy a new machine all together. I will upload my msinfo as well as all the dmp files. If any of you could take a look at it or have any thoughts it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Attachments

• msinfo.txt
    4.1 MB · Views: 269
  • Minidump.rar
    727.8 KB · Views: 247
When I reinstalled my OS, as these blue screens were occurring more frequently, I performed a complete wipe by deleting the partition and creating a new one. Some of the blue screens I have been getting are:

A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval
Driver IRQL not less or Equal
and a couple other ones I cant remember off the top of my head...

Were you able to look at the .dmp files?

Thank you for your help!

Just had a quick look through and I doubt very much it's your HDD. I'll post a proper debug shortly.

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 101, {19, 0, fffff880009eb180, 1}

Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
as your aware you have a number of different bugchecks ranging from Bugcheck 1A (memory issue), Bugcheck 50 (Hardware,Bios and system service) and the above. The above means a secondary processor (perhaps gpu?) has become locked up at some point. The above Bugchecks along with some I haven't mentioned could mean you have a hardware issue although I didn't see any evidence to link it with the HDD. The GPU however is a possible suspect. You do have quite old drivers as well as the odd app well known for causing bsod's so let's deal with those first:

AppleCharger.sys Mon Jan 10 09:57:29 2011: GIGABYTE On/Off Charge driver. May cause BSOD on Win7/8 systems - uninstall to test

atikmdag.sys Wed May 25 03:40:32 2011: AMD GPU drivers. Mentioned several times in the dump files. Please use the Display Driver Uninstaller to remove the driver as this will also remove any odds and ends left by previous installs. Update to the latest driver for your card:
Support & Drivers
Any problems finding your driver, post back with the make and model of the card.

Please update your chipset drivers by using the download found on the support page:
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3908#driver

dtsoftbus01.sys Fri Feb 21 09:49:36 2014: Daemon Tools driver, Possible BSOD issues in Win7 uninstall to test.

EtronXHCI.sys Mon Jul 25 22:30:56 2011: Etron USB 3 driver. This driver was also mentioned in the dump files. A 2014 version of the driver can be found on your support page here:

GVTDrv64.sys Tue Sep 05 08:10:02 2006: Gigabyte Easy Tune 6 driver (known BSOD issues w/Win7) please uninstall.

gdrv.sys Fri Mar 13 03:22:29 2009: Gigabyte Easy Saver - mobo power utility driver. Slightly later version on support page:
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3908#utility

Rt64win7.sys Thu Jan 13 11:57:19 2011: Realtek RTL8168D/8111D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet please update:
Realtek

RTKVHD64.sys Fri Aug 12 06:28:04 2011: Realtek High Definition Audio Function Driver please update:
Realtek

BiosVersion = F7
BiosReleaseDate = 10/13/2011
SystemManufacturer = Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
SystemProductName = GA-970A-D3

I think I'm correct in saying that your motherboard is the revision 1.0/1.1 version. You can check by looking on the actual motherboard itself. There are Bios updates available just make sure I have the correct page for your motherboard:
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3908#bios

Please check memory on the gpu by running this app:
HOME PAGE OF MISHA CHERKES

Post any new dump files.

Kemical,

Thank you for your in depth reply, I will do all that and clear the current .dmp files out mini dump. I will post back if errors keep occuring.

Thanks again

Sounds good.. Hope all goes well but in any case post back and we'll take it from there.. :)

So the past 2 days I have not blue screened until today. I just blue screened twice in a row...

One of them was Clock interrupt not received on secondary processor
The other was Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal

I will upload both dmp files.

I also did just about everything on your list you sent me other than Bios update because the newest update said it was not compatible with windows 7. You were correct in the revision # on the board as well.

Attachments

• Minidump.rar
    37.2 KB · Views: 211
Code:

BugCheck D1, {0, 5, 8, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiPageFault+260 )

Hi,
this is probably a driver issue and I notice you still need to change:

AppleCharger.sys Mon Jan 10 09:57:29 2011: GIGABYTE On/Off Charge driver. May cause BSOD on Win7/8 systems - uninstall to test

Please update your chipset drivers by using the download found on the support page:

Rt64win7.sys Thu Jan 13 11:57:19 2011: Realtek RTL8168D/8111D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet please update:
Realtek

Regarding the Bios. Is it possible for you to update to at least F12 which isn't a beta bios?

If the bsod continues then you'll need to test your RAM. Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away (you'll see errors outlined in red.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Post any new dump files.

It was f12 that said not compatible with windows 7. I removed on/off charge. I will update chipset driver as well as ethernet driver. I ran the windows memtest earlier as well as ran vmt again just to double check. Both tests passed.

I found some issues between the updated driver for gpu and one of the main games that seemed to be common for other peoples bsod and crashes. I reverted that back to 14.3 vs the new 15.2 and it seems to be much more stable.

I will post back with any more dump files.

Thank you for your continued help and support it's greatly appreciated!

Well after a week I though I was in the clear but I just blue screened twice within the past 2 days. One of which did not create a .dmp file PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

The second one did which I will upload. It was a clock interrupt was not received on the secondary processor within the allocated time.

Thanks in advance for all your help I really appreciate it.

Attachments

• 101115-22339-01.dmp
    270.3 KB · Views: 225
Code:

BugCheck 101, {19, 0, fffff880009eb180, 1}

Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )

Hi,
unfortunately I couldn't see what was the cause although I can see NTFS issues in the driver stack. This may have something to do with the storage driver. If the bsod continues we can run the driver verifier but there are still updates not completed from the last post I made.

BiosVersion = F7
BiosReleaseDate = 10/13/2011
SystemManufacturer = Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
SystemProductName = GA-970A-D3

I think I'm correct in saying that your motherboard is the revision 1.0/1.1 version. You can check by looking on the actual motherboard itself. There are Bios updates available just make sure I have the correct page for your motherboard:
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3908#bios

Please run a check disk:
The How-To Geek Guide to Using Check Disk in Windows 7, 8, or 10

atikmdag.sys Mon Sep 15 23:21:08 2014: AMD gpu driver please update although use the display driver uninstaller to remove the original driver:
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V15.5.1.0 Released. - Wagnardmobile Forum

Post any new dump files.

Thanks for the reply,

I was unable to update the bios past F7, everytime I tried it said not compatible with windows 7. You are correct in the revision 1.0/1.1.

I had the graphics driver updated to the most current version but it was unstable with the game I play most so I reverted it back to 14.3.

I thought I already updated the chipset drivers but I will try again to update.

I will run a check disk as well.

Thanks again Kemical!

I thought I already updated the chipset drivers but I will try again to update
Hmm you can get a later version off the AMD website. They are on the same page as the gpu driver but under 'Optional downloads'.

Let me know how you get on..

Back
Top Bottom