Windows 10 Multiple BSOD

Guest1

Hi guys!

Over the past few weeks I have been getting some BSOD, on my Lenovo with win10.
During the first few weeks it was mostly "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED" and another one (but I cannot remember that one, because I thought if it was some kind of virus and that I could solve it easily with my antivirus).
So I tried to solve it by scanning multiple times, no problems have been found.
But the BSOD kept appearing frequently.

So I thought maybe resetting it to factory settings would solve it, but it didn't.
However it also downgraded my windows version, so I had windows 7 again.
After trying a lot of solutions from the web, I gave up and hoped that upgrading it back to windows 10 would fix it miraculously.

Finally, I only get "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED" rarely (hence, they still apear).
However, I get the BSOD "UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION" more often.
It even appears sometimes before logging in.

So, I hope you could help me out with this problem.
I have prepared the dump files.
Many thanks in advance!

Attachments

• W7F_27-07-2016.zip
    379.7 KB · Views: 494
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 154, {ffffe001f349a000, ffffd00021753080, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!SMKM_STORE<SM_TRAITS>::SmStUnhandledExceptionFilter+22 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
the above bugcheck means the Store had an exception and it wasn't handled properly.

Main causes can range from Apps/drivers to hardware.
I see your running 360 Anti Virus and would ask you remove this and just use the onboard Defender as this is ultra stable.

Please run these scans:

File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Please run a chkdsk:
The How-To Geek Guide to Using Check Disk in Windows 7, 8, or 10

Please update your system drivers. Updates can be found on the Lenovo support page:
Laptops-and-netbooks :: Lenovo-G-Series-laptops :: G50-70-Notebook-Lenovo - Lenovo Support (GB)

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response!
I have runned both scans.
The first scan did not find anything suspicious, and the second scan did not work/exist?
(The results are in the appendix)

I have also removed my antivirus and runned the CheckDisk.
But I cannot find the log file of the CheckDisk.
I have tried to find the file like it is described on this website: How to find chkdsk results in Windows 10
But it was not in there, I have also searched by sorting it on source name.
However no Chkdsk source was in there.

Finally, I still have to update my system drivers and I am working on that.

Anyway, do you know how to continue?
Many thanks again!

Attachments

• scannow.txt
    703 bytes · Views: 432
Hi,
thanks for the update.

Please update your drivers from the site I linked to. Laptop drivers are usually supplied by the manufacturer apart from some gpu drivers so it's critical the correct versions are used.

Once the drivers have been updated try repeating the above scans and see if the results

I cannot find the log file of the CheckDisk
Try using this guide as it's a slightly different way:
How To Extract The Check Disk (CHKDSK) Logs From Event Viewer on Windows

I'm going out but will be back in an hour or so. I'll check back for any updates then. Hope all goes well and please post any new dump files.

Hi,

I will update them this night and repeat the process!
I'll post the results tomorrow probably.

Thanks again!

So I have updated every driver and conducted the scans again.
The 2 scans, however, led to the same result again.
I could not execute the second one as it still does not exist? (See "Appendix 1 - Scannow.txt")

After that I have executed CheckDisk again (results are in "Appendix 2 - chkdsk.txt").

Finally my dump file is in the third appendix :)

Attachments

• Appendix 1 - Scannow.txt
    703 bytes · Views: 431
  • Appendix 2 - chkdsk.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 446
  • Appendix 3 - W7F_28-07-2016.zip
    618.7 KB · Views: 454
Code:

BugCheck EF, {ffffe000107437c0, 0, 0, 0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Hi,
the last dump I read looks very similar driver wise to the first dump file and also 360 anti virus is still installed. Try following this guide on how to remove it but towards the end simply stick with Defender and not Hitman Pro:
How to remove Antivirus 360 (Uninstall Instructions)

You also missed some drivers that need updating:

AcpiVpc.sys Sun Feb 17 01:52:02 2013: Lenovo ACPI Virtual Power Controller
Laptops-and-netbooks :: Lenovo-G-Series-laptops :: G50-70-Notebook-Lenovo - Lenovo Support (GB)

iaStorA.sys Fri Aug 02 02:39:52 2013: Intel RST (Rapid Storage Technology) driver
Intel IRST Patch for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Lenovo G40-70, G50-70 - Lenovo Support (GB)

rtsuvc.sys Fri Nov 29 18:06:49 2013: Realtek UVC webcam Driver, I can't seem to find this on your support page any ideas?

semav6msr64.sys Fri Jan 24 19:22:40 2014: SEMA Software Driver please update if possible or no longer used then uninstall:
SEMA Software - the CAD program solution for timber constructions, joining, stairs construction, prefabricated houses, carpentry, trade and the building sector.

See how you get on with updating those and post back with any updates or new dump files.

Thanks!
I was sure that I have updated all the drivers, I thought..
I guess I missed it?

Strange, I did uninstall all the 360 programs.
It seems like that there are some leftovers still on my pc, I guess?
Anyway thanks again!

I'll keep you up to date :)

Hi!

So I have followed the instructions of that website to delete 360 antivirus, the log files can be found in appendix 1 - 3. (I did not know which of the 2 logs of Malwarebytes and Windowsdefender would be useful, so I added them both)
Appendix 1 = iExplore.exe
Appendix 2 = Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Appendix 3 = Windows defender
However, it did not found 360 antivirus in its scans.
I cannot find it neither in my list of installed programs, but I can still find a map " 360" in "C:\Program Files (x86)".
Should I delete this map?

Moreover, I tried to install the following drivers:

AcpiVpc.sys Sun Feb 17 01:52:02 2013: Lenovo ACPI Virtual Power Controller

iaStorA.sys Fri Aug 02 02:39:52 2013: Intel RST (Rapid Storage Technology) driver
Intel IRST Patch for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Lenovo G40-70, G50-70 - Lenovo Support (GB)

However, during the installation process it says that there is already a map with the same name.
And asked if I wanted to install it anyway.
I clicked for both "yes".
But does not it indicate that I have already installed these drivers?

I think I have found an update for third driver "Realtek UVC webcam driver". But I'm not sure if it's compatible (Realtek PC Camera Driver 10.0.10586.11203).
It seems that they are only compatible with the previous windows versions, but not my current one.
At least that's what I can only find.

As for the SEMA-client, the website itselves does contain a link to a page called "download center" but it does not contain any downloads?
Furthermore, I have surfed the web but it does not seem that there are any updates for this client on other websites.
I can find a lot of websites offering programs to uninstall this client, but none of them really looks trustworthy.
Do you have any recommendations how to remove this properly?

This is quite some text, I hope this can provide you enough information.
Thanks for your support again!

Attachments

• Appendix 1 - Rkill.txt
    3.9 MB · Views: 865
  • Appendix 4 - W7F_29-07-2016.zip
    651.6 KB · Views: 433
  • Appendix 2 & 3.zip
    59.1 KB · Views: 430
Code:

Hi,
two dump files with two different bugchecks. One was bugcheck 154 and the above, as you well know, means a critical process died. It looks like this was caused by a readmemory error and it would be worth checking your RAM.

Have you installed any new hardware recently?

Oh and 360 Anti virus is still very much part of the system. This is a snip of the last dump files driver stack:
drivers.JPG

I know you said you found the folder in the X86 Program files but I wouldn't simply rip it out as windows doesn't usually like that. You could try removing everything that's inside the 360 folder.
I did find this guide although I'd create a system restore point before attempting it plus if your not comfortable going into the registry we'll find another way:
How to remove 360 Total Security. Full 360 total security uninstall guide

Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Post any new dump files.

Hi,

As far as I remember, the only hardware that I use are my mouse and my external storage hard drive.
But both of them are installed quite a long time ago. (like 1 year)

As for the 360 Antivirus, all the mentioned files that I have to delete were already deleted.
The only thing I still haven't done is to check whether the registry keys are still there and to remove them.
However, for some reasons I cannot seem to export a list of all the registry settings to check whether they still exist.
I have followed these instructions: Regedit | Windows CMD | SS64.com
So, I opened CMD and typed the command "REGEDIT /E Desktop".
But no file appears on my desktop.

I'll run the memtest as soon as possible, but I'm quite busy the coming days.
So I'll respond probably again around next Thursday.
My apologies for this inconvenience ...

So, I opened CMD and typed the command "REGEDIT /E Desktop".
But no file appears on my desktop.
Why not simply look for them with Regedit? See if you can make a back up of the registry before making any changes.

I'll run the memtest as soon as possible, but I'm quite busy the coming days.
So I'll respond probably again around next Thursday.
My apologies for this inconvenience ...
Not a problem my friend.. :) Simply post back when you can.

Back again.

I have deleted all the registry keys concerning the 360, I believe.
Could you check it?
The memtest has yet to be done.
I'll do it asap.

Attachments

• W7F_03-08-2016.zip
    750 KB · Views: 434
Code:

Hi,
as you can see same again bugcheck wise and I'm afraid 360 AV is still there. Please open an admin command prompt and type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

Good luck with the RAM test.

@kemical: Interesting thread here.:) You may have already noticed, this but on the OP's POST #13, he mentions having an external hard drive hooked up to his computer.:shocked: During the last few weeks, I've run across 2 failed external usb drives; both which were causing massive quickbooks errors as well as Windows errors.:wound: It's worth noting that while running disk diags such as chkdsk and sfc spurious results such as log files the OP didn't seem to be able to find can and do happen when there is a failed external hdd hooked up to the computer via usb port.:nerdie: It's also best when troubleshooting to disconnect ALL external storage drives (both USB and SATA/Mobo) while running disk diags and MEMTEST too as you know. And just isolate testing to his C: bootdrive device only. It might be worth asking the OP to repeat all his disk diags and MEMTEST after removing that external hdd in case of failure. <<<

Cheers!
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

It's also best when troubleshooting to disconnect ALL external storage drives (both USB and SATA/Mobo) while running disk diags and MEMTEST too as you know
Thanks for the heads up Marc, I had missed it so appreciate the input... :)

As BBJ correctly points out all external drives should be removed when troubleshooting, thank you.

Thanks for the heads up Marc, I had missed it so appreciate the input... :)

As BBJ correctly points out all external drives should be removed when troubleshooting, thank you.

Do you mean that it should not be connected to the pc?
Or also completely removed and uninstalled from the device manager?
Because till now I have never connected the external hard drive while troubleshooting, as I only use it as a backup.
The only thing that is connected, while troubleshooting, is an USB connected mouse.

I have runned the memtest86 but it does not seem to have found any errors.
However the scannow command did find some damaged files, but could not repair it.
Any ideas how to continue?

ps. I could not create a html report of the memtest86, but I did take some photos of the results.
So, I retyped it in a .txt file

Last edited:
The only thing that is connected, while troubleshooting, is an USB connected mouse.
That's fine..

Code:

BugCheck 154, {ffffe001f349a000, ffffd00021753080, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!SMKM_STORE<SM_TRAITS>::SmStUnhandledExceptionFilter+22 )

Hi,
see if you can run both of these scans:
File scans
Open an 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Normally i wouldn't recommend this but this dump file in particular can sometimes benefit from running manufacturers hardware diagnostics. There is such an application on your support page:
Lenovo Solution Center for Windows 10 (64-bit), 8.1 (64-bit), 8 (64-bit), 7 (64-bit) - Desktops, Notebooks, Workstations - Lenovo Support (GB)

If this turns up nothing then let's run the driver verifier.
This will stress each driver in turn in the hope that if it's a weak link it will bsod and hey presto we have our culprit.
In order to use the verifier safely you first need to create a recovery disk/USB. The verifier on rare occasion can cause a bsod boot loop which you can then use the recovery disk/USB to boot from, enter recovery and then safe mode to turn the verifier off
Recovery:
https://www.winhelp.us/create-a-recovery-drive-in-windows-8.html

Verifier:
How do I fix a Blue Screen in Windows using Driver Verifier?

Hope all goes well and please post any new dump files.

Back