Btw the CPU status screenshots are showing a much higher temp than HWiNFO does, they also fluctuate between 43 and 50. Idk if that means anything, I can look at getting some logs posted to compare or give a better overview.

Hi could you do the amd overdrive but with the stability test running from the app. Then back to the cpu status. Give it 10 to 15 minutes to let it settle at a load temp. From the original grabs theres no temp issues there.

Btw the CPU status screenshots are showing a much higher temp than HWiNFO does, they also fluctuate between 43 and 50. Idk if that means anything, I can look at getting some logs posted to compare or give a better overview.
Different apps show different temps stick with the best HWiNFO64.

Did I have to install the AMD drivers in safe mode as well? Do I need to have networking disabled?
They probably wouldn't install in safe mode. Regarding network, only if you think your machine will download and install something else before you manage to install the driver specified.

Overdrive. I'm not a big fan of this app as it's well known for causing bsod's. Do the stability test and then please remove it.

The CPU status in AMD Overdrive is the distance to the thermal limit not the actual temp. Whatever the thermal margin is, subtract it from 73 and you'll get the actual cpu/core temp

You can also find the thermal margin or distance to TJmax by checking this section of HWiNFO64:
temps.jpg

Back