Windows 7 Multiple BSOD

Casey Clark

View attachment dump.zip

Getting MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, and more recently SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION.
Attached my dump files. Basically, been having issues with this for the past year. Sometimes it runs fine for weeks, or even a month or two, sometimes.. not so much. Gave it to a local computer shop here and they had it for a month and couldn't figure out what was causing the issues, only could tell me that everything passed hardware tests. I've replaced parts that were under warrant (CPU and HDD) and have tried pulling out each stick of RAM and running them individually. Sometimes, turning the power completely off, unplugging, then putting power back to it seems to get it running again. If I shutdown for any length of time, though, the BSODs start. Usually, if i just put it to sleep, it'll continue working for a long time. I'm pretty sure I even reinstalled windows a few times and ran without any of my current programs, to the same effect. Would really appreciate some help, not sure what else to do.

Hello Casey and welcome to the forums.
Please update the following drivers;
ASACPI.sys 3/27/2005 from here ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE expand utilities and it's about the 12th one down called ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Win7 32&64-bit
wacommousefilter.sys 2/16/2007 from here Link Removed due to 404 Error
GEARAspiWDM.sys 5/18/2009 from here Driver updates - GEAR Software
Several of your dump files are indicating a problem with memory (could be actual installed RAM, Virtual Memory, Video Memory, etc.,)
Since some of these are indicating an issue with your pagefile (PFN_LIST_CORRUPT), I would suggest opening an elevated command prompt and typing
chkdsk C: /R
hit enter
answer yes "Y" to the prompt and reboot.
Let it complete all five stages and see if it provides any information regarding possible problems with the drive or data structure. Depending upon the information contained in the log as a result of ChkDsk you may need to consider replacing the drive if there is any indication of bad areas.
If Blue Screens persist I would suggest you Download Memtest86+ from this location here. Burn the ISO to a CD and boot the computer from the CD.
Ideally let it run for at least 7 passes / 6-8 hours. If errors appear before that you can stop that particular test. Any time Memtest86+ reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad Mobo slot. Test RAM sticks individually. When you find a good one then test it in all slots. Post back with the results.
See this Guide to using Memtest 86+

Well, installed all the drivers. Ran chkdsk, no problems. Ran memtest on all RAM and slots, no problems. Worked last night, but after shutting it down for the night and booting up this morning, immediate BSOD. No name for this one, just said a problem was detected and it was being shutdown to prevent damage. Restarted, went to a black screen instead of windows. Turned it off, turned off power to the rig, waited til it went dark, plugged it back up.. working fine for now. Nothing new in my minidump to attach.

Back
Top Bottom