Windows 10 Multiple BSODs

DoctorRocket

I've been experiencing BSODs for the last couple of weeks. The causes are often different.

I just found this forum today and I hope I have uploaded the correct W7F zip file with the dump files.

I have two external hard drives permanently plugged in so that I can back up files to them easily throughout the day. They have been plugged in for many months without problem, but obviously I would unplugg them if they were the issue.

I hope someone can help.

Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• W7F_16-10-2016.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 581
  • 2016-09-30 19.18.33.jpg
    2016-09-30 19.18.33.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 454
  • 2016-10-11 08.58.53.jpg
    2016-10-11 08.58.53.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 420
  • 2016-10-12 18.30.41.jpg
    2016-10-12 18.30.41.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 454
  • 2016-10-13 22.52.29.jpg
    2016-10-13 22.52.29.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 452
  • 2016-10-16 10.38.28.jpg
    2016-10-16 10.38.28.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 490
  • 2016-10-16 17.30.25.jpg
    2016-10-16 17.30.25.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 458
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, 1, ffffc481b10cfe78, ffffc481b10cf6a0}

Probably caused by : rspndr.sys ( rspndr!TopDeleteSession+139 )

Followup:     MachineOwner
Hi,
you have a number of different dump files which in itself can mean a hardware issue. You have dump files blaming Vram, Memory, graphic drivers, USB drivers and Microsoft drivers.

First off please remove the external drives whilst we are troubleshooting. Also Avast AV can cause problems from time to time and to this end we ask you remove it and just use the on board Defender which is much improved.

Driver wise you don't look too bad although you do need to update one or two drivers:

iaStorA.sys Fri Aug 2 02:39:52 2013. Intel storage driver. You'll find it under 'Serial ATA' on your support page:
Product Support | Dell UK

SSPORT.sys Fri Aug 12 00:07:32 2005: Samsung printer driver. Far too old for windows 10, if it isn't used remove it or update it:
Download Center: Download Software, Firmware, Drivers & Manuals | Samsung

tapoas.sys Mon Jul 12 01:31:59 2010: OpenVPN Virtual Network Driver please update or if not used removed.
OpenVPN - Open Source VPN

RtsUStor.sys Tue Jul 9 06:56:42 2013: Realtek USB Card Reader
Realtek

If the bsod continues then you'll need to test your RAM. Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Post any new dump files

Thanks for replying so promptly.

I have updated the Intel storage driver, the Samsung printer driver and the Realtek USB Card Reader. (You didn't give me an instruction regarding the Realtek so I assumed you were giving me the same option to update or remove). I removed the OpenVPN Virtual Network Driver.

My computer crashed twice while I was updating those drivers. However, now that those four updates have been done, I'll monitor the computer. If I get a further BSOD, I'll run Memtest86.

Thank you for your help so far.

Thanks for the update Doc Rocket.. :) Any problems or new dumps please post back.

Just to follow up really. I kept getting lots of BSODs with different dumps. So in the end I phoned Dell. They have some built-in software so they ran it and established that it wasn't a memory issue. For a fee of ÂŁ36 (about 50 dollars?) they flashed the BIOS, updated a bunch of other drivers. But I still kept getting BSODs.

Eventually, they talked me through installing a clean version of Windows 10. We installed it and it has been fine. It's been about 6 days without a BSOD, so I'm hopeful.

But I just wanted to post to thank you kemical. It's great knowing that there are helpful people like you around.

Thanks again and all the best!

Your very welcome and glad to hear the issue is potentially sorted.

To be honest it's actually quite rare for a clean install to cure a bsod so I probably wouldn't have recommended it.
Just show's your always learning I guess..

Good luck with the system and if any errors crop up please post back. We never close threads so your always welcome to make an addition. :)

Unfortunately, you were right kemical. The clean installation has not worked!

I have since had a couple of BSODs, which I have attached.

The Dell technician has said that perhaps the clean installation of Windows 10 was corrupted. She is suggesting that I do a second clean installation.

I was wondering what you might recommend instead.

Thank you!

Attachments

• W7F_07-11-2016.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 462
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1A, {3f, 135d5, 18c46e0f, bbac6e81}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup:     memory_corruption
---------

*** Memory manager detected 1 instance(s) of corrupted pagefile page(s) while performing in-page operations.
Hi,
it looks like you have a corrupted pagefile. First try resetting the pagefile by following this guide:
How to Fix System Page File | Techwalla.com

Also please run a chkdsk:
The How-To Geek Guide to Using Check Disk in Windows 7, 8, or 10

I followed steps 1 to 4 of the Techwalla.com instructions, so I have managed to select the "No page file" option.

The next step is then to delete "pagefile.sys". However, I can't seem to find "pagefile.sys". In Explorer, I have gone to the menu to the View menu, and then checked the box Show/hide and checked the box "Hidden items".

Unfortunately, I simply get the response "No items match your search".

I *think* I have followed the instructions on the Techwalla.com page correctly. It just seems as if "pagefile.sys" is not visible. Is there any other way to find pagefile.sys so that I can delete it?

In spite of that, I ran a chkdsk on Local Disk C: drive and it came up with the message "Windows successfully scanned the drive. No errors were found."

However, of course I wasn't able to first delete the "pagefile.sys" and then defragment.

Thanks again windowsforum community.

Last edited:
Hi,
as long as you actually disabled the pagefile at some point then it should be fine. If you reboot I'd try enabling it again and see how you go.

Thanks for the update.

Yes, I disabled the pagefile and then did a defrag.

I have enabled it again. And I guess I shall monitor it again and hope for the best.

Thanks again for your help - much appreciated.

Incidentally, my Firefox keeps crashing. It has done so several times since the clean installation.

And Microsoft Edge has disappeared. I had no intention of using Edge.

But are these issues indicative of anything at all?

Incidentally, my Firefox keeps crashing. It has done so several times since the clean installation.
Are you running any add-ons with Firefox?

Is it the latest version?

Can you return it to default settings or similar?

Have you checked for Malware?
Malwarebytes

And Microsoft Edge has disappeared.
Like from the start menu or completely off the system?

Try doing a search first and see what it brings up.

Some solutions can be found here:
Microsoft Edge Disappeared on Windows 10 [Fix]

I'm running the latest version of Firefox. But I had more than a half-dozen add-ons. I have removed 3 that I no longer need. I'll monitor and see if that makes a difference.

Yes, I have checked for Malware using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

When I first lost Edge about a week ago, it had disappeared from my search bar. However, when I looked for it just now, it's back! I'm not actually at all bothered about losing Microsoft Edge. I have no intention of using it. I just wondered whether it was indicative of any underlying system issue.

No need to reply regarding Firefox and Edge. These are not major issues and I don't want to waste your time on them. As long as I can avoid the BSODs, I would be entirely happy!

No need to reply regarding Firefox and Edge. These are not major issues and I don't want to waste your time on them. As long as I can avoid the BSODs, I would be entirely happy!
No worries.. I hope all goes well.. :)

It's been 4 weeks since I followed your advice and I have so far been blessedly free from further BSODs.

I just wanted to say a sincere thank you. I'm so grateful for your help. Thanks so much for now kemical!

Much thanks for the update and I hope you continue to run error free. Any problems then of course post again and we'll take a look.. :)

Back