Windows 7 Music Library showing as Unspecified

Kernewes

Hi there. My name is Jan, living in Portugal and running Windows7 on an Acer Aspire laptop. I have only had the machine for a couple of weeks, so am a newbie to this operating system.

All was fine until yesterday. I have been using iTunes as a music player but now I see that My Music Library is labelled "Unspecified". I cannot find anywhere what this means, or have any idea how I could have caused this.

It came to light because I have decided to use a less bloated music player and have downloaded Foobar. I cannot load my music library into Foobar, except by individual artist folder (and I have hundreds). This "unspecified" attribute has prevented me loaded the whole library in.

Any ideas as to what I may have done and how to rectify it?

Thanks in advance.

Jan

I don't think I fully understand the issue. Where does it say "unspecified?" Are you able to open the library?

The "Libaries" on Windows 7 are virtual folders. What they do is show files from other folders on your system. You should be able to find most of what's in the Music Library here:
C:/Users/(your user name)/My Music (or sometimes just "Music")

Last edited:
Yes, I realise that panic and confusion made me not phrase the question clearly :confused:. I am on a different computer now and will clarify later. However, I got around the problem for now. I would just like to know what I did - I always feel I´m just one step away from a major screw-up!!

Jan

Back