Windows 7 My friend gave me windows 7

lokclan

So i tried installing it to a fresh brand new hard drive, and it gave me the BOOTMGR missing and prompted me to press ctrl+alt+del. Now im sure there are many threads as to what to do in this situation, but i really have no time to search it up, so please, if someone could link me to everything that i will need to get it working, either downloading windows 7 and burning it again (id rather not do that), or whatever, please people ive read a few posts and everyone is helpful, hopefully this will be the same experience for me, i appreciate it in advance, thank you!

sorry for bad grammer and/or punctuation. rushing to type.

-lokclan

it was burned like an actual windows 7 dvd, because when i put it into my windows xp hard drive dvd drive on my desk top, and double click the icon, it runs auto run....what do i do?

it was burned like an actual windows 7 dvd, because when i put it into my windows xp hard drive dvd drive on my desk top, and double click the icon, it runs auto run....what do i do?

Did you set your BIOS to boot to your boot media drive first; such as DVD-rom, or USB or LAN before local harddrive?
Your media may not be not bootable therefore neither it nor the new harddrive has a BOOTMGR record.

Side note: you can re-create the BOOTMGR using the Windows Recovery tools bootrec /rebuildbcd, however, since there's no Windows OS on the hdd to begin with, there's nothing to repair. Using a free tool like PartedMagic4.4 will also create a boot partition for you, but it still require you Win7 media to be bootable.

Check your boot media and whether your iso copy is a bootable copy.

Back