My Gadgets Have Gone

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by nehoma, Jun 21, 2009.

1. nehoma

nehoma Honorable Member

I am using Win 7, 7100 and have done a clean install but there does not seem to be any gadgets. Whether I right click on the screen and select gadgets or go to Control Panel ansd click the same bnothing happens. What is more when I write "desktop gadgets" in the help prog it produces anything but help about gadgets.

Any Ideas folks?

2. SIW2

SIW2 New Member

3. dam89

dam89 New Member

1.Check it is enabled in Control Panel>Programmes and Features>Turn Windows Feature on or off. (see attachment for screenshot)

2. There was a bug i think that if UAC was completely Disabled Gadgets would not work.

4. nehoma

nehoma Honorable Member

gadgets

Well you know what happens; a window pops up with lots of choices. I have tried each one and the little circle appears for a few mo then nothing happens.

5. nehoma

nehoma Honorable Member

I have tried the options given after typing gadgets in tthe start menu and still nothing happens

I have also checked that the gadget platform feature is turned on and that the UAC is also on

still no gadgets.

6. dam89

dam89 New Member

Thats really odd, what are your system specs - i'll have a look to see if there are any more things that may cause this

EDIT: do you have desktop icons hidden - also you must restart after enabling UAC

#6 dam89, Jun 22, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  7. nehoma

nehoma Honorable Member

System: intel core 2 quad, 6Gigs DDR 2, HDD WD Velociraptor SATA2, Vid. Nvidea G-Force 8800 ult

I was wondering if a reinstall might fix it but I will probably wait until Win 7 hits the streets.