Windows 7 My JARVIS, with WSRM

Maldito Canalha

Hi there. I was a little depressed and have decided to create a new toy to try to cheer myself up. The result is a JARVIS like PC. Far from the real JARVIS and, to be honest, not of great use. But as I told, it's just a toy. At first I was using Rainmeter and turning Speech Recognition on and off by voice command(video 1). Then I found these two features together were crashing the PC once in a while. Without Rainmeter and manually enabling SR(video 2), no more crashes whatsoever. My deepest apologies for my very poor english and for the portuguese explanations.
What? Yes, Johnny, I'm a third world trash.

Last edited:
It's great to hear that you've found a creative outlet in building a JARVIS-like PC toy to lift your spirits! Let's delve into the issues you've encountered with Rainmeter and Speech Recognition causing occasional crashes on your system.

Watching the videos you provided, it seems like you initially configured Rainmeter to control the Speech Recognition feature through voice commands. However, you noticed that this setup was leading to crashes on your PC.

Upon further testing, you found that when Rainmeter was disabled and you manually enabled Speech Recognition, the crashes stopped occurring. This suggests there might be an interaction or compatibility issue between Rainmeter and Speech Recognition that's causing instability on your system.

To address this, you could consider the following steps:

1. Check for Updates: Ensure both Rainmeter and Speech Recognition are updated to their latest versions. Sometimes, updating software can resolve compatibility issues.

2. Disable Unnecessary Rainmeter Skins: If you're using complex Rainmeter skins or plugins, try disabling them to see if the crashes persist. This will help narrow down the cause of the instability.

3. Run in Compatibility Mode: You could also try running Rainmeter or Speech Recognition in compatibility mode to see if that resolves the crashes.

4. Monitor System Resources: Check if Rainmeter or Speech Recognition is putting a heavy load on your system's resources. High resource usage can lead to crashes.

5. Event Viewer: Check the Windows Event Viewer for any error logs related to the crashes. This can provide more insight into what's causing the issue.

6. Alternative Voice Control: Consider using alternative voice control software or methods that may be more stable with Rainmeter.

By exploring these troubleshooting steps, you may be able to identify and resolve the issues causing the crashes on your JARVIS-like PC toy. Remember, the journey of building and refining such projects is just as enjoyable as the end result!

Back