My keyboard makes a wierd "blip" kinda sound in my speakers.

Skepper

Hi people,

I am experiencing a weird problem with my Windows 7 64bit installation, if I don't use the keyboard for a while it makes a sort of "blip" sound in my speakers.

Example:

I am browsing a web page, and I have found an interesting article, I scroll with my mouse to read it. When I am done reading I would like to give the poster/author some feedback I navigate to the text area AND then when I make the first stroke on my keyboard the "blip" sound comes simultaneously with the press on the key and it keeps coming [FONT=&quot]occasionally [/FONT] while typing a long text (in this example the "blip" sound have appeared 6 times).

I really have no clue what so ever, ALL sounds are OFF in the Control Panel > Sound menu. I tried the on-board sound card, and the PCIe x1 card that came with the Motherboard with the same results :confused:

My hardware is:
Board: ASUS Maximus Extreme II
CPU: Core i7-920 d0 @ 4.2GHz
MEM: 12GB DDR3 RAM running 1600Mhz instead of 2000Mhz (Corsair Dominator GT)
GFX: 3x XFX Radeon 4890 Black edition (Crossfire)
SOUND: M-Audio Fast Track Ultra (USB sound card with of course latest drivers)
KEYBOARD: Microsoft Wireless Desktop Elite Keyboard (with both the Purple PS2 and USB connected)
MOUSE: Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 (USB)

Skepper

That's actually a good question GTK66.

I am thinking that the USB connector was for the wireless mouse (R.I.P.) i once had and the PS2 one was for the keyboard (since the colour is purple).

I will try to disconnect them one at a time to see if its any difference, also i need to get over to the Microsoft hardware site and see if I can find the keyboard and maybe some explanation on why there is two connectors.

Thanks GTK66 for your sharp eye, I have not thought of that..

I will keep you all updated!!!!

Skepper

I remembered correctly, the USB connector is for the mouse while the round PS/2 connector is for the keyboard and that is actually true because if i pull out the USB, nothing happens, but if i pull out the PS/2 the keyboard stop working!

Skepper

:(

But this keyboard is on the way to the trash anyway so I will hope the issue is non-existent when I buy me a new one!

Maybe i can lent a one from a mate and then see if the sound problem goes away.

Thanks anyway for your time GTK66 much appreciated!

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.