Windows XP My little ATF-Cleaner Problem...

KevinG

I have a computer with Windows XP Professional SP3 installed. It is not connected to the internet, and it is strictly used for my hobby recording studio. I have about 20 years of recording projects on this computer. ANYWAYS...

I ran ATF-Cleaner (with ALL Boxes Checked) the other day and it cleaned up about 1GB of space
Now when I try to open my previously saved project files (Sonar 6 Producer Edition) all the wave files within the project files are missing.

A system restore is the last thing I want to do! Anyone have any ideas?

You already seem to know the answer, and why you don't want to use System Restore is a mystery to me.
I use it at least once a week, to fix some little Oooops or another.

Then dump that ATF-Cleaner. Eh?

Oh, and please, backup all your important stuff to Flash Drives or DVD's. OK?

The Doctor :cool:

Hi
little bit of infor for you first

When u delete an item from your pc or the recycle bin the file is still there on the pc, all that happens is that the path to the file is removed and that part of that hard disk is marked as " writable space" the more you put on the pc then this will overwrite previous files that you deleted before, This is why recovery programs work so good because the core content is still there.

You can use a program called Recuva by Piriform for example that can recover deleted files, content pictures etc,

This will take some time so please dont expect miracles instantly. The bigger the hard drive the longer it will take.. 80gb HDD takes about 2 hours on my slow laptop and if i remember right abougt 9 -10 hours for 500gb.

It depends how desperate you are to get the files back and how much time your willing to put in. Yes it might take you long late nights to get them back but like i said , dont expect instant miracles

A nice simple pc cleaner i would use is Ccleaner also by Piriform

Options in Recuva during startup would be

Other - All Files
Anywhere on pc
ENABLE DEEP SCAN
once the scan has completed you can select advanced options top corner of the page and the where it says "file or path " you can type the extension for the program .WHATEVER

GOOD LUCK

If a file has been deleted and is still sitting in the Recycle Bin, you can just right click on it and RESTORE IT.

I have to do that every once in a while, when I get over-zealous deleting things.

Cheers Mates!
:cool:

If a file has been deleted and is still sitting in the Recycle Bin, you can just right click on it and RESTORE IT.

I have to do that every once in a while, when I get over-zealous deleting things.

Cheers Mates!
:cool:

Ditto OT , shame when i shift delete and its gone im like ............ oh dear ... Recuva it is lol.

As OT says if its in the bin then restore it but if not then follow my above post

Back