Windows 7 My PC is experiencing various BSOD and I'm unable to open any programs other than basic windows stuf

GoldSpanner

This happened yesterday, cant open any programs apart from the really basic windows stuff and internet explorer 64bit (not the other versions) Im running Windows 7 64bit (cant remember if its home premium or ultimate)
I can open regedit after a large amount of tinkering, as I'm assuming that whatever virus is causing this had disabled it. I cannot open system restore, although It was disabled before this happened and even If I could re enable it I dont think there would be any restore points. Im also experiencing random BSOD, usually during the welcome message load screen after logging in or about 5 to 10 minutes after log in. All of this happens whether or not im in safe mode.
To rule out anything else i've run a disk check on my hard drive and run memtest for about 5 hours. Neither of which found any errors. Its looking like I'll either need to repair windows with the installation disk (which I'm unsure of its current location) or fiddle with the registry some more, after some advice from anyone that will help me out!

I would really appreciate any help that be offered as I really need to get the PC working to do college work etc.

The BSOD vary between the following;

Service exception

IRQL less than or not equal
Driver IRQL less than or not equal (pointing toward ataport.sys)

There arent any DMP files in that folder for some reason. It might not have saved any.
To be honest I reckon if the other problem was sorted it would fix the blue screens aswell.

It doesn't work that way. Fixing bsod is the first and foremost thing needing to be done. Fixing "other" things does not fix bsods.

If you want issues fixed, you'll have to follow advice instead of telling us what you think instead.

We'll need those screen shots to make a determination.

Last edited:
Back