Windows Vista My PC.....

JordanJ-P

My current pc is as follow...

AMD Athlon XP 2600 + 2.13 GHz
512mb of RAM
Nvidia GeForce 6200 (AGP 4x) with 256mb of video memory

I know I haven't got the best computer out there.....but I am planning on upgrading my sytem soon with more RAM....I will be adding up to 2.00GB of RAM:cool:
So once I'm done upgrading my PC should look like this :

AMD Athlon XP 2600 + 2.13 GHz
2.00GB of RAM
Nvidia GeForce 6200 (AGP 4x) with 256mb of video memory

Also my current hard drive is a 110GB I will be adding a second one soon.....

Please tell me your thoughts and at the moment I can run Vista well except without AERO.....I thought I would of been able to run Vista AERO, considering my graphic card, but as it stands at the moment, I cannot run AERO.....

Also with my new upgrades added to my PC, will I be able to run most of today's intense PC games ?

Thanks for your opinions

Best Regards
Jordan J-P

Hmm you shouldn't have much of a problem. Latest games are getting more and more graphically intense. I know for a fact that Aero will run under a 6600 GT AGP card. Hard drive space isn't a big deal but the RAM will definately help you. How is your experience so far?

hey mike !

Great site keep up the excellent work ! :)

So far I am really enjoying Vista.....I am using RC2 and I find it to be very stable for the most part.....although a few bugs her and there but meh....it's not final

Thanks for your input, I am defenitely looking forward to upgrading my RAM......

Which Vista version are you using and what are your sys specs?

Regards

JordanJ-P

I just bought a brand new system right before the upgrade/rebate program was announced so I'm in Windows XP right now, though I have tested Vista RC1 and other builds.

I am considering trying Vista on this machine:

2-Intel Core Duo 2, 2394MHz
2GB DDRAM
500MB HD (2x 250GB RAID-0 array)
Nvidia GeForce 7950 GX2 (1GB Dual Core GPU) PCI-E

My old system ran Vista and had:

Intel Pentium 4 3.06ghz
1GB RAM
128MB GeForce 6600 GT AGP
160GB HD

Vista also ran on my laptop (without Aero functioning):

Intel Centrino Mobile M
2GB RAM
Intel Integrated Graphics Accelerator
80GB HD

I may wait until the final release of Vista to try it on my new machine. I have access to virtualization software and I might use this simply to test it out in Windows XP

Back