Windows 7 My Predicament

Mrpatterns

Boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

I dual booted my computer with ubuntu 10.04 beta and windows 7. At first they played nicely, ubuntu has access to the windows partition, and windows could still boot. Hell World of warcraft even ran smoother using WINE and openGL than windows 7 and directx. I rarely use windows, and if it weren't for my dad it wouldn't be running on this pc. After 1 successful boot into windows 7 it started coming up with the error message, Boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible. Yeah, I know this is not a new problem, and yes I have read many articles on how to fix it. Ironically they all say to download EasyBCD and it will fix it. EasyBCD is a windows program, if you can't boot into windows how can you go about fixing it with EasyBCD? What a joke. >.>

Anyways, I was hoping there would be a way to fix this from within ubuntu, I've fixed many of my Windows related errors through ubuntu before. I do have both Ubuntu and Windows 7 repair/install disks if they may help. Although from my experience with windows I have been able to repair the MBR through the repair disk before and it would run, but now the repair disk doesn't even recognize a windows installation.

If there is no way to repair this, than tell me so I can go ahead and do a reinstall of windows.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom