Windows 7 My USB ports go crazy after a while.

oassp01

Hi, I'm having this weird problem, it has happened to me on two different computers.

I bought my Windows 7 four or five months ago and at that time I was on an AMD Dual Core computer with an NVidia 9600GT. At some point, my USB ports were going crazy like my mouse stopped working for a short period of time and restarted again. Sometime, my mouse won't even restart.

I've bought this new computer one or two months ago and it's doing the same thing but this time my mouse totally crash.

Here are my new computer specs:

Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3,40 GHz
8 Gb Ram
Windows 7 64 bits
Graphics : Nvidia GTX 560

My mouse is a Logitech G500

I've made sure all my drivers are up-to-date and my Windows is correctly up-to-date.

When the problem happens, I have to find a way to reboot my computer. When it's rebooted, everything works fine.

PS: I thought it had something to do with my mouse but my Magic Jack also go crazy and stop working properly.

I wonder if the mouse itself is going bad. Did you get a new mouse with the new PC or are you using the same mouse from the old PC? I would try a different mouse.

Hi, sorry for the time of answer but I had to be sure.

It is definetely the mouse that is the problem, There is some kind of cover on my mouse wire, some kind of protection. In some way, this "protection" managed to "hurt" my wire.

I've found out that those type of mouse with wire cover are often having this issue.

Long story short, after reading your post, I've started doing testing with my mouse and finaly found that when I touch the wire and get it into any direction, it make the mouse shut down. I've also tried on another computer (other than the two I've talked about) and it's still happening.

Finaly, I'm going to try and get my mouse repaired if possible or I will simply buy a new one.

Thank you for your help.

I love my wireless mouse. Don't repair the old mouse, not worth it. Just get a new mouse. Even the high end mouse's are less than $75 and mid rande are $30 to $40. Just do it and get into the 21st century.

Back
Top Bottom