Windows 7 My window disappeared

redsox

I wanted to work on two windows side by side and I dragged one window to the left of the screen and it took up half the screen and then I dragged the other window to the right of the screen so that it would take up the other half, and I guess I dragged it too far and let go and it stayed there.

What I mean is that I cannot see the window anymore on the moniter because it is too far to the right. I can't see any part of the window and even if I close it using the taskbar and reopen it, it goes to the same place.

I know its still too far to the right because when the window is open and i minimize it and maximize it from the taskbar(as i can't do so from the regular window because I cannot see it) I can see it's path as it travels from the taskbar to the right of my screen towards the position its in, which is completely off my monitor.

its a little confusing, i know but any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

I already did and since the window keeps openning up in the same place i still can't access it

Can you see the title bar,Double click on that to maximuze it.There's no reasom the the eindow dhould pop up after rstart.unless it s set to in msconfigWhatis is the name of the programGo to Start > Runm type msconfig, click the Startup tag and uncheck everythingf execpt your anti-virys software

It almost sounds like the window was put on another monitor. Do you show two monitors if you check the display?

If that were the case maybe you could use Winkey + Shift + left arrow or right arrow to get it back. If not, check some of the keyboard shortcuts to see if one would help.

There used to be keyboard shortcuts to move a window, but I have not been able to find them in Win 7.

It almost sounds like the window was put on another monitor. Do you show two monitors if you check the display?

If that were the case maybe you could use Winkey + Shift + left arrow or right arrow to get it back. If not, check some of the keyboard shortcuts to see if one would help.

There used to be keyboard shortcuts to move a window, but I have not been able to find them in Win 7.

Well thanks for the input I haven't gotten anything to work though so please keep me posted if you find the keyboard shortcuts to move the windows.

and youre right it does seem like it went into another monitor but i only have one that I know of I mean this happened like two days after I set up my computer which was like a week ago

I just figured it out, it was pressing the Alt+Space then M then arrow keys but i just did Alt+Space and noticed my curser had dissapeared so I clicked and dragged and sure enough the window was moved =P

thanks for your reply though I would have never thought to look for keyboard shortcuts

Can you share with us, what window is it? Is it present in any form on the taskbar. Saltgrass explained an option that should work, but the window has to have "focus". If you open taskmanager can you see the application or process that has created this Window? And as Reghakr said, it shouldn't reappear after a restart unless it's in your startup folder, or located under HKLM or HKCU->Software->Microsoft->Windows->CurrentVersion->Run you can download something like autoruns or even look in system information, expand software environment and select startup programs, this may give you a clue why it keeps popping up when your system starts. Also take a look in Control Panel->All Control Panel Items->Display->Screen Resolution make sure you are not extending your display to a non-existent monitor if so change it.

Can you share with us, what window is it? Is it present in any form on the taskbar. Saltgrass explained an option that should work, but the window has to have "focus". If you open taskmanager can you see the application or process that has created this Window? And as Reghakr said, it shouldn't reappear after a restart unless it's in your startup folder, or located under HKLM or HKCU->Software->Microsoft->Windows->CurrentVersion->Run you can download something like autoruns or even look in system information, expand software environment and select startup programs, this may give you a clue why it keeps popping up when your system starts. Also take a look in Control Panel->All Control Panel Items->Display->Screen Resolution make sure you are not extending your display to a non-existent monitor if so change it.

it was the regedit window, but I got that problem fixed thanks, another similar problem just occured, I hilighted all my icons and attempted to move them, they all disappeared from my desktop and now i can't find them I tried creating a shortcut again, but it has the name and then 2 as if its the second one of the shortcut, but i can't see the first.

I also looked in the control panel settings which you stated to make sure my screen resolution was good and I clicked Identify, for it to identify my monitor and it said 1 so i clicked 1 and its still the same I can't seem to find my desktop shortcuts this also happened to another account on my computer, but I do not know how it happened as I wasn't using the computer, but when i happened to me I had highlighted the items and dragged them to a part of the screen THAT WAS VISIBLE and let go, and they all disappeared

any help would be appreciated thank you so much

Back
Top Bottom