Windows 7 NAS not working in Windows 7

Thijs22

Hello,
I'm unable to acces my Landisk Pro drive.
"\\STORAGE-3951 is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if yopu have access permissions. The account is not authorized to log in from this station."
Outher computor in my network is using Win XP and he is doiing fine.
Do you know a solition for this problem?

Thijs

Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management.

Right click on the drive that you cannot access and change owner to yourself.

Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management.

Right click on the drive that you cannot access and change owner to yourself.

Hi, I tried this too but the NAS doesn't show in Disk Management. Using an Argosy NAS with Win& 32 bit.

Try this on the Win7 machine
Click start->click run->type secpol.msc
Go to: Local Policies > Security Options
Find "Network Security: LAN Manager authentication level"
Set it like this "Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated"
See attachment
Hope this helps
Regards
Randy

Hello,
I'm unable to acces my Landisk Pro drive.
\"\\STORAGE-3951 is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if yopu have access permissions. The account is not authorized to log in from this station.\"
Outher computor in my network is using Win XP and he is doiing fine.
Do you know a solition for this problem?

Thijs

Nope, it still doesn't show up
You went to what appeared to be a permissions issue to a "Nope, it still doesn't show up. Is this thing a true NAS, in otherwords is it connected by ethernet cable and does it have an ip address and can you ping it. Or are you for some reason only able to use it's browser interface. How exactly is the other machine (XP Machine) on your network attaching to it (accessing it)? Help me understand please. Is there a firmware upgrade out there for your device that might help?

Back