Windows 7 Need help making Wi-Fi

Soulja Pixii

Hey I've got a Telstra ZTE MF626 (Link Removed due to 404 Error) and I want to make 4 Windows 7 Laptops connect to it. I am planning on using an Ad-hoc network and just have the stick in one computer. 3 of the 4 laptops are actually netbooks but I don't think that would matter. So. what I want to do is have the USB modem in one computer (with windows 7), make an ad-hoc network on the same computer then share the internet to other Windows 7 netbooks.
They all have Wi-Fi

Thanks for your help and time,
check out my website: Link Removed - Invalid URL
and youtube: youtube.com/user/alltechtuts

Never tried such config, but I would share the Internet connection (not bridge) on the laptop and configure the 3 others to use that one as a gateway.

Hth.

PS: as a hint, check that old paper for XP. I guess most features remained in 7.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Hey I've got a Telstra ZTE MF626 (Link Removed due to 404 Error) and I want to make 4 Windows 7 Laptops connect to it. I am planning on using an Ad-hoc network and just have the stick in one computer. 3 of the 4 laptops are actually netbooks but I don't think that would matter. So. what I want to do is have the USB modem in one computer (with windows 7), make an ad-hoc network on the same computer then share the internet to other Windows 7 netbooks.
They all have Wi-Fi

Thanks for your help and time,
check out my website: Link Removed - Invalid URL
and youtube: youtube.com/user/alltechtuts

Your 4 pc's must have 4 Wi Fi modules each. Wi Fi drivers must be installed. Right, you have that. Then you need a router with the support CD describing the steps how to set it up - a not so complicated process. (Usually it goes thru web setup of the router, then for each of your wi fi pc's ipv4/dns/etc. set "automatically")

So, your 4 rigs -> Wi Fi -> Router -> Internet Cable <- Source if internet

Router is really the key here.

Back
Top Bottom