Need Help - suspect USB modem causing BSODS

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)' started by Wasson, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Wasson

Wasson New Member

I require assistance with a recurring, yet strangely sporadic and random BSOD problem. Seems to only happen when just browsing the web, as there have been instances where I have played online games such as World of Tanks with it for hours at a time with teamspeak running as well and had 0 problems.

In particularly- it seems to always seems to happen just after a "button" or link is clicked I guess boils down to a command being executed from the mouse. BUT there was once in particular when the system BSOD'ed while dealing with the finnicky "VZAccess Manager" program that verizon uses to big-brother your internet usage.

I'm using a Novatel usb 3G/4G modem the 551 model, from what I can tell from looking at their sites and comparing to the one I have looking to see if they have drivers for it to download... I got it from Verizon Wireless. My computer sits more insular in the house, I have the modem placed relatively far away near a window where it gets great reception. it is connected to a USB cable in-lime amplifier as to extend past 15 feet. This is the cable plugged into the USB port, are these known to cause problems?

I have the minidump file attached.

Thank you for your time.

Attached Files:

2. Wasson

Wasson New Member

More BSODS...one seemed to happened after I woke it from sleep mode but I had walked away and did something else.

Help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

3. Elmer

Elmer Extraordinary Member

Hi Wasson and Welcome to The Forum

Sometimes posts slip through a time warp black hole. Yours appears to have been one of those....... :(

You're getting a Stop Error Code 116
    nVidia Graphics Drivers.

• Download and install Driver Sweeper.
    • Uninstall your current Graphics setup through Programs and Features
    • Boot to and run (preferably) Driver Sweeper in Safe Mode to clean up the remnants of your current Graphics set up.
    • Reboot to Normal Mode.
    • Install your new Graphics set up.

1 person likes this.
  4. Wasson

Wasson New Member

Thanks dude. I removed the offending drivers and installed a different driver for my GPU and the BSODs have ceased. Just wanted to say thanks before I forgot*

:)

5. Elmer

Elmer Extraordinary Member

Thanks for the feedback.