Windows 10 Need help with BSOD´s

helgafel

I have been having bsod´s for some time. I had them when I had windows 7 and after I upgraded to Windows 10 they still persist. When it happens I see "BOOTMGR is missing" error on the screen and my operating system hard drive has gone from number one to number three in bios so the computer does not power up the windows system. Any help would be grateful.

Attachments

• W7F_17-08-2015.zip
    220.1 KB · Views: 956
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {fffff80872ef5428, 0, fffff80072ef280a, 2}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for AppleCharger.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for AppleCharger.sys

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : AppleCharger.sys ( AppleCharger+280a )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
the above Bugcheck can be caused by a number of things:
Bug check 0x50 usually occurs after the installation of faulty hardware or in the event of failure of installed hardware (usually related to defective RAM, be it main memory, L2 RAM cache, or video RAM).
Another common cause is the installation of a faulty system service.
Antivirus software can also trigger this error, as can a corrupted NTFS volume.
Bug Check 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - Windows 10 hardware dev
I also know from experience that an out of date Bios can also cause the above.
BiosVersion = F1
BiosReleaseDate = 04/19/2011
SystemManufacturer = Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
SystemProductName = Z68A-D3H-B3

There are two versions of your motherboard, rev 1.0 and rev 1.3 (rev means revision). You can find out which version or revision you have by looking on the actual motherboard itself. Make sure you know which is your board as it's critical for the downloads.
GIGABYTE How to Reflash Motherboard BIOS

The probable cause however is a driver from Gigabyte known on occasion to cause BSOD:
AppleCharger.sys Mon Jan 10 09:57:29 2011: GIGABYTE On/Off Charge driver. May cause BSOD on some systems - uninstall to test.

dtsoftbus01.sys Thu Jun 20 08:22:51 2013: Daemon Tools driver Possible BSOD issues uninstall to test.

We may need to test your RAM but first try the above changes.

If the bsod continues then you'll need to test your RAM. Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away (you'll see errors outlined in red.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Post any new dump files.

Back
Top Bottom