Need Help with Image instead of Color

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by janesdf, Nov 20, 2011.

1. janesdf

janesdf New Member

Hi,

I know how to personalize my pc with different background colors. However, I would like to know how to use an image stored on my pc instead of a background color. I currently have a slideshow running with my favorite pics and the background color frames those pics, but I would like another image for the background instead of a color. Is this possible? Thanks. Jane

2. Trouble

Trouble Noob Whisperer

Have you tried simply browsing to the image (picture), selecting then right clicking the image and choosing "set as desktop background"?

3. MikeHawthorne

MikeHawthorne Essential Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

Hi

Got to the personalize page, click on Desktop Background in the lower left.

Change the Picture Position to Fill, and the image will size to fit the monitor and not show a background color around the image.

I don't think there is any way to substitute a image for the background color and have another photo superimposed on top of it.
    You would have to do that in Photoshop or a similar program, and then save those images as a theme.

Mike

4. janesdf

janesdf New Member

I've tried that before and it cancels out my slideshow. Not what I was looking for. Thanks.

5. janesdf

janesdf New Member

I already know these steps to change the background, however, it cancels out my slideshow. I thought there was a way to have both an image as background and still have my slideshow, but I guess not. Thanks.

6. Drew

Drew Banned

No, that you can't do; just 1 or the other. Single or multiple.