Windows 7 NEED HELP?!

Waffleszs

Hi, first up I'd just like to say any help is appreciated :) Now here's my problem. I'm running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and recently after doing a virus scan it said I had 3 infiltrations. I deleted these without thinking. Then the next time I started up my computer and got on to my account my cursor changes into the blue loading circle and stays the blue loading circle. I also cannot click on anything at all and no programs start up. A friend told me that maybe I deleted some Windows files because sometimes they're picked up by antiviruses as viruses or corrupt files. So I'm assuming I've deleted Windows files. I've tried using System Recovery which didn't work because I have no saves and I also tried the repair disc and looking for startup errors but it says there are none or that there are some but they cannot be fixed. What do I to?! Should I just reinstall Windows? Please, please, PLEASE help me! Thank you for any help you can give :D

Goto programs, accessories, right click on command prompt and run as administrator. In the command window enter the following command to check for any system file errors:

sfc /scannow

You should be able to run the command prompt from the Repair Installation options. If you can't boot into Windows, you should be able to load the installation disk or System Repair Disk (you made one, right) and select the repair option. You should get a Command Prompt option in repair options. Run the sfc /scannow from there.

If you don't have either disk, you might have to borrow one from someone.

Last edited:
Back