Windows 7 Need suggestions for scanner type :)

TKR99

I make my own handmade cards & use digital papers for producing many backgrounds to layer the card designs onto, as well as creating my own digital papers. However, if I scan anything using my current HP Scanjet 3300C and then print the colours never come out as they should. While I know much probably comes down to the printer I can see from the scanned image that the problem is starting there, as the colours are never as they should be, instead being consistently paler. I'm reluctant to fully jetison the Scanjet as I got it specifically so as to be able to scan in my 3D cards (more modern printers don't have the same depth of field) but could switch to photographing them if I had to.

At any rate, I'm really just looking for some vague ideas of a good quality but inexpensive scanner that will be able to colour match relatively well and provide good sharp clear scan images at least - after that, I can then fight with the printer to get its settings to match!

My printer is a Canon IP4700 using refilled inks (TBH, I just invested in a whole set of original cartridges at Christmas but found little difference in output other than the fact that they only lasted a week by comparison to 3 on the refills!).

Any suggestions would be hugely welcome just so I can get an idea of models & types as I've just no idea of whats good, bad or otherwise out there, so with a very limited budget of £30-50 I don't want to waste money on a "pig in a poke" job.

Thanks

Appreciate that, but that particular result requires a paid fee to view :(. Plus I was sort of hoping for some personal viewpoints on some of these scanners as even reviews don't always make for an easy choice (least not for me). But I appreciate your taking the time to hunt. I promise I've already done some Google hunting but just got nowhere fast hence coming here for a hopeful more targeted option. Thanks.

Sorry about that.. As it seems no one is coming forward with any suggestions why not try posting here:

SCAN.care@HEXUS

As well as being an excellent supplier they should point you in the right direction..

I think with that limited budget, you may not be able to get the results you want. I also note that color correctness is often a product of the software running the scanner, not just the printing/scanning device, or ink.

Also, there has ALWAYS been an issue where the colors you see on your monitor NEVER quite match that of the printouts from printing devices. Same with scanners - the colors displayed on the monitor don't match the original document. This has plagued professional photographers since the beginning of digital photography and digital imagery - and spawned professional (read: budget busters) monitor and printer lines for professionals needing perfect color matching.

So "color calibration" is almost an industry in itself.

See also, monitor colors don't match printer output

Back