Windows 7 Need urgent help, W7 will not startup.

xX760Xx

Hello. Recently I decided to host my own online server on Minecraft. I decided to use most of my RAM with it (6 GB). I guess I overloaded my computer and something got pretty screwed up. Windows hangs at the start up screen now. It's been like this for the past 3 days, and I have gone through countless hours trying to fix it.

I have tried to run in safe mode, but it will freeze while loading files, and crash. I got the repair disc, and I tried it on my computer. I think it said that there was a disk error. It took about 4 hours for it to fix it, but that didn't work. I have it running again at the moment, and before it started checking for repairs, it said that a file in system32 was damaged and I have to run chkdsk.

I know what chkdsk is, but I don't know how to run it unless I'm logged in. I would appreciate to know how to run it on boot.

Thank you very much to whoever replies. This made me really upset since this is a great computer, and not even 6 months old.

Boot back to Safe Mode. Click start>run. type in "cmd" without the quotes. Then press enter. This will bring up a command prompt. Type in "chkdsk /R" without the quotes again. This will force windows to reboot and run the chkdsk on startup. It will even ask you to reboot, you should tell it yes, you want to reboot. I think you have to hit the "y" key to confirm.

Back
Top Bottom